Jerry, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 5 years personal experience & over 3.5 years professional. Working towards MCSA, A+, & Network+

How do you transfer pictures from a flashdrive onto your computer

Customer Question

How do you transfer pictures from a flashdrive onto your computer so they can be uploaded to snapfish or shutterfly? I have been trying to do it for 3 hours and cannot figure it out.. Help!!!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

OK to make sure we are all on the same page my first question is are you using something similar to what is pictured below to transfer the pictures?

What operating system are you using?

If so what happens when you put the flash drive in a USB slot in your computer?

Do you see it show up in in My Computer?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi Jerry,

I just looked it up and I think I need to save the pictures in my computer. Yes, it looks like that, it's a Kingston 8gb flash drive and I have a Sony Vaio Laptop with Windows Vista, how do I get those onto "my computer"?

Expert:  Jerry replied 6 years ago.
Put the flash drive in a USB slot on your computer and then go to the start menu and click where it says Computer.

Then look for where the flash drive shows up in the window and double clcik on it. You should be able to navigate and find yoru pictures.

Once you have found your pictures just highlight them all or the folder they are in, right click and select copy.

Then go to where you would liek to save them on your local computer right click and select paste and they should start transferring.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I did what you said and then went back to the snapfish website and because the pictures aren't jpegs, they won't upload, I labeled each picture so I could make a picture book in chronological order.
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 years ago.
ok that sounds like a problem between you and Snapfish it sounds like you were able to transfer the pictures though right?