mary
mary, Consultant
Experience:  MCA (Masters in Computer Application
18613681

My Acer Aspire will not start. It says no OS files found

Category: Computer
Expert:  mary replied 4 years ago.
Unplug the ac adapter. Keep ac adapter unplugged.
Remove the battery and keep the battery unplugged.
Hold the power button down for 15-20 seconds. (Nothing will appear on the display and none of the lights will light up.)
Release the power button and plug in the ac adapter ONLY. (Please note that a power indicator light should be lit on the ac adapter when it is plugged in).
Normally power on the notebook.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It did not work. I ran the Sartup Repair and it said that it cannot repair the computer automatically
Expert:  mary replied 4 years ago.

sorry for the delay, you can restore the computer to the factory default.

The first thing to try will be to try and restore the system to factory defaults using the following steps:

A Connect the charger to the system
B Start it and when you see the Acer logo, press

Alt + F10 (press and hold the Alt key, repeatedly tap F10)

It should start the Acer eRecovery process.

There will be 4 options:
1. Restore system to factory default
2. Restore system from user backup
3. Restore system from cd/dvd
4. Exit

Select the 1st one

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It said Restore failed - reason 0xd00000d and when I try to start the laptop it now says A disk read error occured. Press Ctrl + Alt +Del to restart but it does not work.

Expert:  mary replied 4 years ago.

The first thing to try will be to try and restore the system to factory defaults using the following steps: this will restore the system to the factory settings.

A Connect the charger to the system

There will be 4 options:
1. Restore system to factory default
2. Restore system from user backup
3. Restore system from cd/dvd
4. Exit

Select the 1st one

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The restore keeps failing and it keeps saying that there is a disc error.
Expert:  mary replied 4 years ago.

this indicates a bad harddrive the harddrive needs a replacement as its crashed.

mary, Consultant
Experience: MCA (Masters in Computer Application