online_help33
online_help33, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years PC support
24889540

I locked my netbook an forgot my password what can i do to

I locked my netbook an forgot my password XXXXX can i do to unlock it
Category: Computer
Expert:  online_help33 replied 4 years ago.
what is the make and model of your netbook?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
acer aspire one series

are you able to log into any other accounts or is this the only account on the netbook

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No

Press F8 on boot and select the Safe mode, this will enable the Administrator account on the logon screen, of course for safe mode.

Turn the pc off and turn it back on and continuously hit the f8 key until you get to the advanced boot options menu and select safe mode

Select administrator it may or may not be password XXXXX let me know if you can log in

Once logged in go to start

Select Control Panel

Go to User accounts

Select your user account and click remove password.

Let me know if this helps

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it is still stuck on the pw page
the password XXXXX XXXXX just hit enter
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It did not worrk

Ok it seems the administrator password XXXXX changed. are only option is to boot into the recovery partition and restore the computer to its factory defaults which will wipe your computer to the way it was when you bought it. IS there any data on it that you need?

To enter the recovery partition. power down your laptop and restart it and immediately after restarting it hit the ALT F10 keys continuously until you boot into the recovery partition. from here you can restore the netbook.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Experience: 8+ years PC support
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
after i hit enter what to do next
Where did you hit enter are you in the acer recovery partition.