online_help33
online_help33, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years PC support
24889540

How do I reset my HP Pavilion dv6 1030 to factory settings.

Customer Question

How do I reset my HP Pavilion dv6 1030 to factory settings. I don't mind losingf info (in fact, I'd prefer to), as I'm selling it and want it back like originally purchased.
Category: Computer
Expert:  online_help33 replied 7 years ago.
Do you have the factory cds that came with the laptop
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

It came "Restore Your System Without Discs" system.

1. Click Start and enter Recovery in the search field. Select Recovery Manager from the list when it becomes available. Allow the action to continue, if prompted. The HP Recovery Manager opens. Alternately, click Start , All Programs , Recovery Manager , and then Recovery Manager . Allow the action to continue, if prompted. The HP Recovery Manager opens.
  2. Click Advanced options , System recovery , and then click Next . The PC will restart and reopen the recovery manager. Alternately, if Advanced options is disabled, click Next , and then System Recovery . The PC will restart.
  3. When the PC restarts, select the System recovery option and click Next .
  4. If prompted to use the Microsoft System Restore program, click No , and then click Next .
  5. When prompted, select the Back up your files first (recommended) option, and then click Next . Follow the on-screen instructions.
  6. When prompted to Recover without backing up your files , please STOP before clicking Next .
  7. If you are satisfied that you want to begin the recover process, click Next . The PC immediately begins formatting the hard drive and destroying all data.

The recovery process may take up to several hours and will return the PC to its original condition. Any custom settings, drivers, software programs and updates, and/or hardware updates are lost and must be reinstalled.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,