Ryan B.
Ryan B., Support Specialist
Experience:  Comptia A+ Certified Technician , with 8+ years Experience
16548393

My aol account wont let me log in. A friend of mine tried to

Customer Question

My aol account wont let me log in. A friend of mine tried to set up a new account and I no longer have an option to sighn on. He cant even log in, it tells him he has an invalid password.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 7 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer~Smile

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to assist you.

Are you and your friend experiencing the same issue is it saying invalid password XXXXX both of your accounts? have you tried to reset the password?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
well, I went to start up settings and tried to set up a password. I have not seen any option from the broadband screen to reset anything. I had to go on internet explorer just find some help. The original account is nonexistant. the new one is whre tis problem exist.
Expert:  replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the quick reply.

Please click on the link below and follow the steps to reset the password XXXXX try to login:

http://mytinyurl.net/d02f51
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Did you do something? nothing has changed. This email account is fine, its aother one i was having problems with. The links from the emails you sent (view your answeres),dont do anyhing and Im beginning to fel ripped off.
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the quick reply, no need to feel ripped off. Just Answer is a completely legit site, and if I can't resolve the issue I can request a refund.

Could you please tell me is it your email account that you are trying to gain access to or a different aol account?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I'm sorry for soundingso rude earlier, it'sjust been very stressful today. Its still saying invalid password.

Expert:  Ryan B. replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the reply, it's ok, it's understandable that you are stressed out.

Could you please tell me s it your email account that you are trying to gain access to or a different aol account through the aol software?

Are you trying to go to webmail.aol.com?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
[email protected]
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the reply unfortunately there is a block setup that doesn't allow me to see your email address. Could you please just tell me what is the part after the @ symbol?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

aol.com. do you need the password?

Expert:  Ryan B. replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the quick reply.

Please try the following for me:

Click on the link below and then enter your email address and password XXXXX let me know what happens:

http://www.webmail.aol.com

Also could you please tell me do you have a paid or free aol account?