B. Rath
B. Rath, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.

How do I get rid of unwanted popups on my computer screen

How do I get rid of unwanted popups on my computer screen? They are permantly blocking my screen.
Category: Computer
Expert:  B. Rath replied 6 years ago.

Please refer to your original thread regarding the issue, using the following link:

I have followed up further in the same.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm not even sure which questions to ask.
Expert:  B. Rath replied 6 years ago.
Okay ...that is a rogue security program installed by a trojan/malware on the user's computer, which will display fake security alerts or notifications to trick the user to buy the paid version of its application, and will duplicate itself when not removed correctly. In order to get rid of the same, please download and install the following freeware security program, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware: (click the green 'Download Now' button)

Done that, run and update the same and carry out a full system scan ..hopefully, this should get rid of the malware all right.

PS - You might want to run the program in 'Safe Mode with Networking' (by tapping F8 at bootup and selecting 'Safe Mode with Networking'), if it doesn't work in normal mode.

Keep me posted.