Scott L
Scott L, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  20+ years experience with PC hardware and software. Currently own and operate PC Service.

I am having trouble getting Lexmark Productivity Studio 3600-4600

I am having trouble getting Lexmark Productivity Studio 3600-4600 to run with Windows 7. I keep getting the message "Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 is required." I have tried to download that. I also get a message saying that Framework 2.0 is part of the operating system already. But I still cannot get Productivity Studio to run.

What should I do?
Thank you for coming to Just Answer for your support question.

I will be happy to assist you.

Try to right click on the icon that you load the Lexmark Productivity Studio and select Troubleshoot Compatibility

Then when prompted select Try recommended settings

This will try to load the program in Windows XP (Service Pack 2) compatibility mode

Click the Start the program button and see if the program loads

If the program does load correctly then click next in the Program Compatibility window

Select Yes, save these settings for this program

If the program does not load then click Cancel in the Program Compatibility window.

If this does not work please reply for further troubleshooting.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I did all of that, and I got a message saying "incompatible program."
Ok we are going to need to uninstall the Lexmark software from your computer and reinstall it.

First please tell me the exact model number of your printer and I will provide you a link for new drivers.

Then do the following

Click Start

Click Control Panel

Click Uninstall a Program

Remove all Lexmark Software

Return to Control Panel

Open Devices and Printers

If the printer is listed here Right Click on it and Select Remove Device

Disconnect the printer from the computer

Download, Install and Run CCleaner:

Restart your computer

Edited by Scott L on 11/24/2009 at 5:39 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
My printer is the Lexmark 4650
Here is the Windows 7 driver for your printer

If the download doesn't start automatically click on the link that says cj4600Win7en32.exe

The file is 81mb in size and many take a little while for you to download.

Download and run the installation. Do not plug in your printer until asked by the installation program.

Once completed you should no longer have an issue.

However if the issue persist please let me know for further troubleshooting.

Edited by Scott L on 11/24/2009 at 6:10 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Does the fact that I'm running it wireless have any impact on the problem? I don't have a cable connected to it.
No just skip the disconnect of the printer step.

The software install should do the wireless install.

If you run into any problems with the installation let me know and I will help you through it.

Edited by Scott L on 11/24/2009 at 6:14 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks. I have to leave the computer for a while. I will follow these steps when I get back.
ok no problem, again if you require further assistance let me know so we can get everything working properly for you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I removed all the Lexmark and tried to download the ccleaner.

I got this message:

Installer integrity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media. Contact the installer's author to obtain a new copy.

More information at:

Try downloading it from this location:

Edited by Scott L on 11/24/2009 at 4:58 PM
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The filehippo download was OK. But I still get the message "Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 is required to continue. The software is available for free download at"

The printer was printing but it wouldn't perform other functions, like scanning.

Three months ago I had a laptop connected to this printer, and it worked just fine. The laptop ran on Vista. My currect computer is Windows 7.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This problem is driving me nuts. I really need the scanning function to work. I have a job interview on Monday and I need some documents scanned for it. I have to leave for a while, but I will be back. Can you help me?
Yes I will continue to assist in getting things working properly for you. Please let me know when you are available again.

Edited by Scott L on 11/25/2009 at 2:55 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am able to spend some time on this now. Are you available?
yes i am here
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

What can we try next? I can't seem to get past the "Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 is required" message.
Ok, just to refresh

at this point you have uninstalled the software and ran CCleaner

and reinstalled the new software for Windows 7

still the .NET Framework error keeps coming up

Is this all correct?

Also is the error coming up only when you try to open the Productivity Studio?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Yes, I have uninstalled the Lexmark software, I have run CCleaner, and have tried the Windows 7 drivers. When I try to access the Lexmark Productivity Studio, I get this message:

Program name: app4r.exe

Publisher: unknown

File origin: hard drive on this computer

When I select "yes," I go right back to "Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 is required."

There are a couple of other things we can try to resolve the issue.

I have also found a work around that can be done to allow you to use your scan function so if we can't get the Productivity Studio to work we can still get you scanning :)

If you navigate to the following folder in your computer C:\Users\{your username}\AppData\Local\Lexmark Productivity Studio

You should find a file there called LXDDPDS.XML, Delete this file then try to run the Productivity Studio.

You will need to show hidden folders in order to see the AppData folder.

To do this Open Computer, Click on organize, Select Folder and Search Options, Goto VIEW tab, Click the circle next to SHOW HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS, Click APPLY, Click OK

Also if you do not find the file in that location also check: C:\Users\{your username}\AppData\Roaming\Lexmark Productivity Studio

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I must be doing something wrong. When I uninstall all the Lexmark software, I no longer have the productivity studio and the icon goes away. When I click on the Windows 7 drivers, it takes me through a Lexmark installation, but I don't end up with productivity studio. Where am I going wrong?
With the Windows 7 Drivers you may be getting Lexmark Imaging Studio which is similar to the Productivity Studio. If you do not see an icon on the desktop for it you should be able to locate it through Start menu, All Program, {Lexmark Printer Folder}.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm giving up for the day. I will try it again, step by step tomorrow. This whole set-up worked just fine on a Lenovo laptop running Vista. Then the laptop broke down and is in the shop. I went to the desktop to have an alternative. But the Windows 7 is throwing me a curve.
Ok that is fine. Do you know if your version of Windows 7 is 32bit or 64bit?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
64 bit
That may be something causing a problem then. Try this driver when you next attempt:

The other was a 32bit driver, this link is for the 64bit driver for Windows 7.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I have successfully scanned and saved a document, and have every reason to expect that I can continue to do so.

Thank you for your help. How can I pay you more than the original $30? How do I leave feedback?

That is fantastic I am so glad to hear it!!

You can add a bonus by using the "bonus" button on your question page.

Here is a help page for Feedback: