lifesaver, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Engineering degree in Computer science,Microsoft Certified Professional.JA computer expert.

I just heard about Double My on tv. Is this safe

Customer Question

I just heard about Double My on tv. Is this safe for my computer. It's 5 years old and soooo slow. Thank you. [email protected]
Category: Computer
Expert:  lifesaver replied 6 years ago.

The website claims that cleaning up your registry files can double the speed of your PC, but the site is basically misrepresenting what it's offering.

The software download turns out to be "CyberDefender" which has a rather poor reputation online and will show you hundreds of supposed "registry errors" that need to be fixed.

The free trial offered by is labeled "CyberDefender Registry Cleaner Trial" and appears not to include any anti-virus or anti-spyware capabilities.

To fix any supposed errors, you need to pay to proceed, but there are free programs out there that provide much better ways to truly speed up your PC.

There is no need to pay anything to speed up your PC, let alone buy a product that has so many angry customer reviews posted online.

To really speed up your PC, use these free programs instead:

Just google search cyberdefender scam ..YOu will be aware of the fraud..