Dave K
Dave K, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  30+ years experience in I.T., Certified Oracle Developer & DBA, and Director of I.T.
4585472

I need to know if my email are being tracked/monitired by someone

I need to know if my email are being tracked/monitired by someone from a different location.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dave K replied 7 years ago.
Hello. Can you explain a bit more about what you mean by "tracked" and why you think this might be happening? Also, who is your mail provider (e.g., AOL, Comcast, Verizon, etc.)?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have a yahoo account and a gmail account, I am now using comcast. However there is no possible way someone knows what activity I am doing other then having my puter and/or email monitored. I have heard it is possible. If it is being monitored I want to check where it is coming from and will take criminal action. i allowed someone close to me in my home and I now think this is going on.
Expert:  Dave K replied 7 years ago.
OK, it is possible but extremely unlikely that your computer can be monitored in that sense. Do you have a wired connection to your Comcast modem, or do you use a wireless router? Is it possible this person could have figured out your email password? If you have not already done so, I suggest you change all of your passwords - that will eliminate that possibility. Then I would download and install a program like Counterspy - you can get a free trial (30 days, I think) from www.sunbelt-software.com - install it and let it scan your system; that will tell you if you have any "trojans" that could be monitoring. But the chances are very slim.