Ryan H., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ Certified Technician - 10 Years experience working with all types of computer systems.
20388524

how do i restore my toshiba equium to factory settings, i have

Customer Question

how do i restore my toshiba equium to factory settings, i have just got out my boot disc but it seems to be empty? please help
Category: Computer
Expert:  Ryan H. replied 7 years ago.
Try this:

When the computer turns on immediately press the "0" key and hold it. It should bring you to a recovery screen allowing you to restore to default.

Let me know if that doesn't work.

Thanks!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i am just trying again, it made a loud beep bepping noise when it started and i let go! so now it is loading up as normal, i will wait shut down and try again.
Expert:  Ryan H. replied 7 years ago.
Ok, If that doesn't work, what kind of recovery CD do you have? What does it say on the front?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
when i press o it gives me the option of f2 for set up or f12 for boot menu, this only gives me the option to clivk set up. it says built in cd/dvd lan, built in HDDI toshiba MK8037GSX-(s1). it this what i need ?
Expert:  Ryan H. replied 7 years ago.
You need to hold down ZERO "0" not "o"
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

ok i held down zero till it beeped again.....the only option was the f2 or f12 neither takes me to default screen

Expert:  Ryan H. replied 7 years ago.
Ok, do you have a Restore or Windows CD?