Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.

I set up my cox email to forward to gmail. Some go through

Customer Question

I set up my cox email to forward to gmail. Some go through and some don't. How come?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 6 years ago.

they should all go through. although it might not be automatic it may wait until you log into gmail before it looks at the cox emails. that is you are not actually telling cox to forward everything that comes in as soon as it gets it. instead you are telling gmail to pull it off the cox server. so if you look at gmail at 5 pm it will pull everything off. if you then look at cox directly at 6 pm you will see everything that came in between 5 and 6 pm.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your response. However, I just tried a test. I sent an email to myself and was able to retrieve it through outlook and cox. I did not open it. I then went to my gmail account and it was not there. I had gmail check for mail and it came back with nothing.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 6 years ago.

that is because the outlook stripped it off of the server. go to tools and accounts and under advanced check "leave a copy on the server"

you need to decide where you want the permenant copy to be.

either outlook or gmail and set the other one to leave a copy on the server. the same setting is available by editing the pop mail settings for forwarded accounts.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I already did that. Still some messages go through and some don't. I hit refresh or look for new messages on gmail and nothing comes back. I look in my cox email account and I have 10 unopened messages.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 6 years ago.
make sure that those emails have not already been downloaded by gmail. if they are set to leave a copy on the server they wont download again.