toughguy
toughguy, The Computer Guy
Experience:  Post Graduate (Gold Medal) with 9 Years of Work Experience, 11 Year of exp in data recovery
21067471

How do I repair 1/0 error Status oxc00000e9

Customer Question

How do I repair 1/0 error?
Status : oxc00000e9
Category: Computer
Expert:  toughguy replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for using JustAnswer.

I understand that you are having problem booting your laptop, it is showing error 0xc00000e9 message.

Can you please try the following and let me know the status:

1) Were you able to BOOT in SAFE MODE?
2) Were you able to BOOT in Last Known Good Configuration?

To select BOOT options.. when laptop is just starting, please PRESS F8 or DEL in order to show BOOT OPTIONS, from the options you can either select SAFE MODE or Last Known Good Configuration.

Let me know how things go.

If you find the information i provided useful, Please Accept the answer so that i get paid for my efforts?

Regards,
Leela Krishna
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I tried all the options F8 but all led me back to the same error above. I left the PC searching for files at all the options for long , actually overnight , but nothing . My laptop is one yr old , home use, and never usually takes that long to reboot which I have done once a month ago.
Expert:  toughguy replied 7 years ago.

By the sentence "I tried all the options F8 but all led me back to the same error above".. Do you mean you tried Last Known Good Configuration and Safe mode options?

If you were not able to see BOOT options.. did you KEEP pressing F8 (and/or) Del before the system actually comes up?

If pressing F8 or Del doesn't bring BOOT options, then i feel it might need a SYSTEM REPAIR if OS is corrupted.

Do you have Windows Disk for repairing your installation?

Regards,
Leela Krishna
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Yes i tried the above options yesterday , that pops up after pressing F8 . Started with Repair Compter, debbugging, , last good configuration ..... all of them.

Yes I tried rebooting with my Toshiba disk 1. Dint get to the second one. Both came in the laptop package.

Expert:  toughguy replied 7 years ago.
Ok.. thanks for clarification..

If you don't have repair disk.. please see if you can try the steps mentioned on microsoft site

A note: When you are troubleshooting startup issues by using the Windows RE, you should first try the Startup Repair option in the System Recovery Options dialog box. If the Startup Repair option does not resolve the issue, or if you must troubleshoot more steps manually, use the Bootrec.exe tool.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392

If you are not able to repair using above utility, i don't see any road to proceed as this might require repair of windows..

Otherwise take BACKUP of data and do a fresh install or recovery.. data can be backed up by using a BOOTABLE disk or PREBUILT environment like BartPE (please let me know if you need more info about PreBuilt environment).

If you just want to work on resolving the current problem, i would optout so that other experts can try helping you.

Regards,
Leela Krishna
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Note: I said that yesterday , I tried Options at F8 starting with

-Repair your computer,....last good config., ....but none did it. They end me to the same error page!!

I have Toshiba recovery disks . I tried to boot . Worked fine until the point to click FINISH , whereby it led me to or got stuck at the "searching MICROSOFT files Please wait" .

On trying to boot again with the disk, it doesnt start off like it did before. Leads me to Launch startup repair which doesnt work.

HELP!