John, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  CISSP Cert, 10 yr netwrk experience, 5 years in mgmt. Trained in Cisco ICND, Project Mgmt, Microsoft
13050298

How do I remove mypoints toolbar without paying a monthly

Customer Question

How do I remove "mypoints" toolbar without paying a monthly fee? I have a one time problem that I will consider a one time cost. Actually, I think that "mypoints" bs group should be responsible for removing themselves from my computer.
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.

Hello!

I have received your question regarding the MyPoints toolbar.

To uninstall the MyPoints toolbar from your Internet Explorer or Firefox browser you have two options. You can either:

• From the toolbar logo dropdown, choose "Uninstall"

or

• Open your computer's Control Panel then select "Add or Remove Programs."
  • Find MyPoints in the list of installed applications and click on it.
  • Click on the "Change/Remove" button.

Please let me know if this assists in removing the toolbar from your computer.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
John, I found out those recommendations prior to paying $14.00 for a subscription fee. Neither recommendation worked because "my points" is not found in either place.
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.
If you click on the logo dropdown, what options do you have?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There doesn't appear to be a "logo dropdown for "mypoints." If you are referring to the "Tools" drop down, there is no uninstall option there either. Please be very specific as to where I can locate what you are defining. Thanks
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.

Here is a screenshot to show the dropdown I would like you to click on.

graphic

John, Information Systems Manager
Experience: CISSP Cert, 10 yr netwrk experience, 5 years in mgmt. Trained in Cisco ICND, Project Mgmt, Microsoft
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Well the damn thing is finally gone. When I turned on the computer a few minutes ago, I noticed that when I went to a web site, voila, no "mypoints" bs. Whatever happened is a mystery to me; but thanks for showing where the icon dropdown was.

New Question? I have webroot security. Each time I start up the computer, I get this pop up about backing up files in which I'm to type in my password. Well, I type in the password, and yes, I even checked that it was the correct password XXXXX it is, and each time the program tells me I made an error. This is like a broken record. Time after time I'm told I made an error. Sooooooooooooooo, what error am I making? Thanks

Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.

The way to recover an invalid password XXXXX XXXXX remove and reinstall the Webroot software.

To do this, you can perform the following steps:

1. Close Spy Sweeper by right clicking the Spy Sweeper icon in the system tray in the lower right corner of your screen, select Shut Down.

2. Click the Start menu. Click Settings > Control Panel.

3. Select Add/Remove Programs.

4. Click Spy Sweeper or Webroot Antivirus or Webroot Internet Security Essentials.

5. Click Change/Remove and follow the prompts.

6. Restart your computer

7. After the restart, please reinstall Spy Sweeper.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What is the charge for having questions answered? Is it a flat fee of $14.00 a month or not. If not, I want out ASAP, like now.