bill, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  worked in repairing/ building/ integrating computers for 12+ years

the backlight isnt working on my hp g60-235dx what could be

Customer Question

the backlight isnt working on my hp g60-235dx what could be the problem?
Category: Computer
Expert:  bill replied 6 years ago.
Disconnect the power from the back of the unit remove the battery. Hold the power button for 60 seconds. Then put battery back in and power and press the power button. If that don't work remove the battery and leave the power plugged in and press the power button again.It that don't work buy a power supply from a computer store the accepts returns. If that don't work you will need to send it in for repair
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
none of that worked.. I can see that the monitor is working, just that the backlight isn't. How can I test that it is the inverter is bad or just that the monitors backlight is bad?
Expert:  bill replied 6 years ago.
Basically it is trial and error. Get the cheaper part and install it first if that don't work try the other. But if i was yo guess it is probably the back light.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The backlightis a part of the lcd screen. Can I replace the backlight without replacing the whole monitor?
Expert:  bill replied 6 years ago.

Yes you are right on this model it is part of the display. I have seen it that they are separate. While searching for the display parts i noticed that hp has modified their inverter board. They may be having some issues with that part here is the picture and part number:

486556-001 Display panel power inverter circuit board Modified