Ansh P.
Ansh P., Computer Systems Analyst
Experience:  Professional computer engineer working as systems developer with top multinational company.

I am unable to restore my computer to an earlier date. I go

I am unable to restore my computer to an earlier date. I go through the process of choosing the date it makes chugging noises, it restarts and then gives me a message indicating that it can't restore and that nothing has been changed. Also, where can I find the best directions for reformatting the hard drive. That, I think, is going to be my next step. Thank you, Kathleen
Category: Computer
Expert:  Ansh P. replied 6 years ago.

What is your operating system?

Do you have the installation disc?

Do you want to format and reinstall windows?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Computer very slow. 3 to 4 minutes to download a page. I downloaded PCDOCPro Ver 5. It made my computer slower, yet. I talked to the tech people there they had me delete the prefetch files. They then had me do a scan and fix some files (BHO, HKLM, HKCU, Start Up Open Office, Global Startup Quickbooks, Global Startup Windows, Java Quick Starter, Lynksys updater. . After that I was able to use their software to scan (PCDOCPro). It identified 4000+ errors. The internet works part of the time. When it works, it is fast. I get many messages wanting to know if I want to send an error report, and freezes. Outlook won't send messages. It's about 50%...however, I am using it now.
Expert:  Ansh P. replied 6 years ago.

Ok so what you want to do, we have two options:

Reformat the computer(easy) or try to fix the issue(difficult)?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Did you receive the information I sent about the operating system? I don't see it here? Did you see what I wrote about not having the disc? I recently purchased one from eBay, but it hasn't arrived yet. I expect soon. So when it arrives how will I find you again to reformat the hard drive?
Expert:  Ansh P. replied 6 years ago.

I have not recieved the information about the operating system and also not having the disc.Can you tell what is the operating system?

You don't need to contact me again, I will give you the process of reformatting harddrive and installing the operating system, you just print the info or save the info so that you can use when you get the disc.

In case you need to contact me again, you can bookmark this page using Ctrl + D and later you can click on favourites and the bookmarked page to reach here.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Operating system

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (Build 2600)

I have everything I need saved at an online backup service.

Expert:  Ansh P. replied 6 years ago.

This is a video which will guide you to reformat and install Windows XP:

This is another guide:

Hope this helps. :)