Ryan B.
Ryan B., Support Specialist
Experience:  Comptia A+ Certified Technician , with 8+ years Experience

how do I get rid of dell data safe from my computer It starts

Customer Question

how do I get rid of dell data safe from my computer? It starts when my computer starts and won't allow me to uninstall.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 6 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer~Smile

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to assist you with your question today. Could you please tell me does DataSafe still show up in your Program and Features list?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

This all started when I upgraded my vista to system 7. It is a 64 bit system.

Expert:  Ryan B. replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the quick reply.

DataSafe should be supported by systems running windows 7.

If you would like to remove it though please click on the link below and use the alternative to the standard windows uninstaller. It's a program called MyUninstaller, it does support windows 7 as well as 64 bit systems. Once downloaded it should show you a list of installed applications Please click on Datasafe and click uninstall and it should force it to uninstall and remove left over registry keys.

Click the link below to install it:

To read about it click the link below:

If that doesn't work please let me know and I will walk you through disabling it from starting so that you don't get anymore errors.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I already have uninstal on my computer. It also doesnt't get rid of datasafe.

Expert:  replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the quick reply.

Lets try the following:

1. Click on the Start () button.

2. In the Start Menu Search Box type msconfig as shown in the image below.

Figure 12. Windows 7 Search box
    Windows 7 Search box

Then press enter on your keyboard.

3. The System Configuration utility will open and you will see a screen similar to the one below.

Vista System Configuration Utility
  4. Now click on the Startup tab at the top and then look through the list of startup program and see if anything is related to DataSafe if it is then uncheck it and then click apply and then ok and that should prevent DataSafe from starting and inturn prevent it from giving you any errors?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There was only one item to an online part of datasafe. But msconfig wants a reboo. We'll see what happens.
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 6 years ago.
How did it go after the reboot?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Your suggestion did not work. I finally called DELL and they used a third party routine to remove it from my system. They were able to connect to my computer, and finally removed it.

The removal actually had to go into the registry and get rid of some stuff. But after that it was good.

The software was called "Your Uninstaller 2008" from URSoft, Inc., if your interested.