Ask Amit - The Real Computer Expert Your ...

Amit - The Real Computer Expert
Amit - The Real Computer Expert, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MCA. M.Phil. in computer science with tons of experience of computers.

My flash drive is not opening; it is asking me to format drive

My flash drive is not opening; it is asking me to format drive but I will loose my information if I do so. Please help restore my flash drive information access.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Amit - The Real Computer Expert replied 4 years ago.
take the usb out of the slot, put it back in, try again and again till it works (try different ports and computers aswell). 95% sure that will work. it we have badluck(5%), it may need to be formatted.
you will have to use and data recovery program if you have important data on it.

Data Recovery Software Products - Runtime Software Products

Also read
http://www.quickonlinetips.com/archives/2005/08/fix-format-usb-flash-drives/
There is nothing else that can be done.
Ask me for more info.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello Phil,

I have been trying your suggestion of trying

the flash drive in different computers but it is

still asking me to format the disk which I do not want to

because of my information. Any other suggestions?

I afrid sir
it may have curropted.
If none of the solution worked, you need professional data recovery services like
www.datarecoveryusa.com
Or you can proceed to format drive.

I don't think there is anything else that can be done. I know you do not want to hear this but I can only tell you the facts and sometimes true facts are not pleasant.

Please ask me if need more info.
Experience: MCA. M.Phil. in computer science with tons of experience of computers.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What will the company do that will help me recover my information.

Is that company reliable to get the job done.

yes, they are professionals. You may also look nearby data recovery services or ask any repair shop for it which is accessible enough.
Almost all the companies are reliable as they charge you the fee.
Please askme if need moreinfo.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Well if there is nothing you can do to help me recover my information, I guess this is it.

I was hoping you guys would have solved my problem. This is my second try at you guys. Why is it that you guys are not able to solve this problem through your service. When someone sees your sight and get the impression that your problem will be solve but when you have to leave without your problem solved, you feel disillusioned and hope squashed. How about help from a colleague, have you tried that to see if you can be helped.

Right, I am opting out for others with better ideas