Freddy M.
Freddy M., Support Specialist
Experience:  Years of experience in the IT field and in customer support.
15852642

I have Dishmail.net as my email server, anytime that I try

Customer Question

I have Dishmail.net as my email server, anytime that I try to send an email with an attachment it goes trys to connect with windows mail, and fails to connect...I spoke with a Dishmail tech support person and he said you were the only ones that could help me because it is trying to connect through Gmail and can't.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
Step 1: Enable POP settings in webmail
Note: If you have already enabled POP settings in the webmail, head down to step 2 here.
  1. Go to www.dishmail.net and login.
  2. If taken to the Start Page, click the Mail link in the banner. If taken to webmail directly, proceed.
  3. Select Settings at the top left of the screen.

4. On the Settings page, select ?Forwarding and POP/IMAP? at the top.

5. In the ?POP Download? section, select the radio button for ?Enable POP for all mail?

6. Click the dropdown box next to ?When messages are accessed with POP? and pick either Keep, Archive, or Delete. These mean that when the email client downloads email:
    1. Keep keeps the downloaded email in the webmail inbox for later access.
    2. Archive keeps the downloaded email in webmail, but removes them from the webmail inbox. You can access archived email in webmail by selecting ?All Mail? from the left selections.
    3. Delete removes the downloaded email from webmail. Those emails will not be available in webmail or for downloading from another client.
  7. Select ?Save Changes?

Step 2: Configure the email client

Generic settings for all clients

Account Name: your full Dishmail email address (username@dishmail.net)
Email Address: your full Dishmail email address (username@dishmail.net)
Password: your Dishmail password

Incoming Mail (POP3) Server:
pop.gmail.com
Select option to use SSL
Use port 995

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server:
smtp.gmail.com
Select option to use authentication (for the mail server, not ?Secure Password XXXXX?)
Select option to use TLS, STARTTLS, or SSL
Use port 587 or 465 (choose one).

Windows Live Mail

1. Open Windows Live Mail.
  2. On the menu bar, click Tools and select Accounts....

Note: It is possible that the menu bar may not be visible upon opening Windows Live Mail. Click the menu icon on the right hand side and select Show Menu bar.

3. On the internet accounts menu, click Add...

4. On the Add an Email Account screen:
    • Be sure to enter your full DISHMail email address. If you like, enter and save your password XXXXX well.
    • Enter your preferred name.
    • Make sure that the "Manually configure server settings for email account" check box is checked, then click Next.

5. Then, on the next screen:
    • Under incoming server, select the drop down box and pick POP3.
    • Enter the incoming server name as pop.gmail.com. Use port 995. Make sure the Secure SSL box is checked, as well.
    • Enter your full dishmail email account name.
    • Enter the outgoing server name as smtp.gmail.com. Use port 587 or 465 (Choose one). Make sure the SSL box is checked, as well.
    • Check the "My server requires authentication" box and click Next.

6. Click Finish.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click "Accept” so I am paid for my time. I am only paid if you click “Accept”.

If my answer did not work please let me know instead of giving negative feedback.

A Bonus and Positive Feed Back are appreciated