Ask 3pop Technology Consulting Your Own Q...

3pop Technology Consulting
3pop Technology Consulting, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience. Windows and Linux Servers, Workstations, Networking/E-mail, Backups.
23461254

All my email is getting bounced. I have deleted all messages

All my email is getting bounced. I have deleted all messages in "deleted file".What could be happening?
Category: Computer
Expert:  3pop Technology Consulting replied 5 years ago.
When you say "bounced" do you mean that the emails you are sending are not being delivered?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
email goes out, but nothing is coming in. All messages are being bounced with error stating box is full. BUT IT'S NOT.
Who is your email service provider? (e.g. Hotmail, Yahoo!, etc.)

Can you post a copy of one of the bounce messages back to me please?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

every email that tries to get in shows up as the following:

A message was sent to you that was returned to the sender(bounced)
because it would have caused your mailbox quota to be exceeded.

The following is the reason that the message was over quota:

Quota Type: bytes in the mailbox
Quota Available: 0
Total Quota: XXXXXXXXX br />
The following is the information on the message that was bounced:

Sender: "JustAnswer - Account Activation"
Subject: Welcome to JustAnswer
Size: 17797
Message ID: <XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX>
Date: Tue Oct 27 22:59:13 2009

Reply-To: [No Reply-To]

The message was bounced from the following folder:

INBOX

To fix this problem, delete some messages from your mailbox, and contact
the sender to resend the message.

If the size of the message is too big, contact the sender to reduce the
size of the message and resend the message.

Who is your email service provider?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Roadrunner (Time-Warnercable)
The over-quota message seems pretty clear. How do you know your mailbox isn't over the limit allowed by Time Warner?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
As I said, I think something is loading into the mailbox that doesn't show in my messages. Is this possible? When I connect to OE it shows something loading, but "inbox" doesn't show it.
Do you have Outlook Express configured to leave your mail on the server or to remove it? If you don't know how to check this just let me know?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I don't know.
Open OE and click on Tools, Accounts, Mail. Select the email account and click Properties. Within Properties select the Advanced Tab. At the bottom of the Advanced tab there is a section called Delivery. Is the box marked "Leave a copy of messages on server" checked or unchecked?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Oh Oh, It's "checked". Is that the probem?
Yes, unchecking that box will force OE to take the mail OFF the server, which will leave you more room in your Time Warner mailbox to accept more mail. The way that it's set now only pulls a copy of your mail down from your Time Warner mailbox but it actually leaves all the mail out there. So, over time, your mailbox fills up at Time Warner even though your checking it regularly on your computer.

If you found this answer useful then please click Accept, if not then please reply and we'll discuss it further. Your satisfaction is my goal. Kind regards, 3pop.

Experience: Over 20 years of experience. Windows and Linux Servers, Workstations, Networking/E-mail, Backups.