John P
John P, Information Systems Architect
Experience:  13+ Years of Cutting Edge Systems Engineering, Consulting (Fortune 100 and SMB), and Architecture

how to remove print head from canon i550 do no have manuel

how to remove print head from canon i550 do no have manuel orange flashes 7
Category: Computer
Expert:  John P replied 7 years ago.

Remove the cartridges, snap the printhead lever on the right side of the cartridges down, tilt the printhead forward and you should be able to remove the printheads. Soak the printheads in distilled water after you run them under running water until the water runs clear. If this doesn't work, after drying, you should reset the EEPROM on the printer and I can walk you through that as well.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
unable to do it thank you
Expert:  John P replied 7 years ago.

Please explain what part is giving you problems.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ptinter flashes 7 times orange, removed ink cartridges not able to push lever down it goes from left to right i give up thank you
Expert:  John P replied 7 years ago.

Okay, but when the printhead carrier moves to the center when you open the top, you can unplug it. Generally, I rarely need to remove the printhead, only turn the power off, remove the cartridges and use q-tips (cottonswabs) and rubbing alcohol to clean them. Rarely does it require removing them. If that doesn't work, I then remove then.

But if you give up, nothing I can do about it.