lifesaver, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Engineering degree in Computer science,Microsoft Certified Professional.JA computer expert.

My Kindle will not turn on. Its not the battery; it shows

My Kindle will not turn on. It's not the battery; it shows a green light that it is fully charged. What do you suggest that I do?

Frances Bixler XXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Thanks for your help.
Category: Computer
Expert:  lifesaver replied 4 years ago.

HiCustomer

please follow the steps below->

1. Plug-in your charger. Sometimes the Kindle battery can get run-down enough so that it will "freeze." Plugging the charger in and giving your Kindle battery some much needed power often will un-freeze the screen.

2. If that doesn't work, try what is called a "soft reset." To do a soft reset on your Kindle press the , , and keys simultaneously. Your Kindle screen should go blank or dark and then slowly come back to life.

3. When doing a soft reset doesn't work, you will occasionally have to do a "hard reset." To do a hard reset -
- Make sure your Kindle's battery is charged (about an hour of charging time should do it)
- Remove the charger cord from your Kindle
- Open the back of your Kindle
- Locate the small hole under the word "Reset"
- Open a small paper clip
- Insert the paper clip end into the hole and press GENTLY for about 10 seconds
- Your Kindle screen should go blank (or black) and then the Kindle should re-start

4. When a hard reset doesn't work you can try to remove and replace the battery in your Kindle. This is a bit more complex but not too difficult -
- Turn your Kindle off
- Open the back of your Kindle
- Locate the gray battery, and the finger-notch for removing the battery
- Gently press the battery toward the back of its compartment, then lift the battery out
- Locate the connector that attaches the battery to the Kindle
- GENTLY pull the battery connector out of the Kindle
- With the battery out of the Kindle turn it on for about 5 seconds
- Replace the battery and close the back cover of your Kindle
- Turn the Kindle on

See this:-

http://blogkindle.com/2009/02/reset-kindle/

If your Kindle is still "frozen" after completing the steps above, your next move is to contact the Amazon Kindle support team.

Go to your Amazon account page - select "Manage my Kindle" and contact the support team from there. You can find the link at the top of the "Manage my Kindle" page on the far right side.

Thanks

i hope this will resolve your problem

lifesaver, Computer Software Engineer
Experience: Engineering degree in Computer science,Microsoft Certified Professional.JA computer expert.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm sorry. I don't quite understand what mean about the soft reset. What are the ,,, and what keys do you mean?
Expert:  lifesaver replied 4 years ago.

Sorry the letters got cut off.

To do a soft reset on your Kindle press the <ALT>, <Shift>, and <R> keys simultaneously

i.e Press Alt, Shift, R keys at the same time to do a soft reset

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The soft reset did not work, so I will try the hard reset. However, I have to leave right now. Thank you for you help. I've printed your instructions.
Expert:  lifesaver replied 4 years ago.

No problem.

Take your own time.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Well, I was able to pry open my Kindle. However, I could not find the Reset button anywhere. So, I put it back together. Later, I just held the on switch for about 15 seconds. Finally, it turned on. Now, though, I seem to have lost everything. No Archived Items appear, I can't get the MENU button to do anything. Nothing works, really. I'm afraid that I have damaged it rather badly. Ouch!