Joe B
Joe B, Computer Expert
Experience:  I am a Microsft Certified Systems Engineer who can answer all of your computer questions.
24310314

My computer screen is very bright and it is hard to read. Some

Customer Question

My computer screen is very bright and it is hard to read. Some things are unreadable. I tried to adjust the brightness and contrast to no avail .What is the problem?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Joe B replied 4 years ago.
I would like to help you, but I need a little more information.

1) Are you using a pc or a laptop?

2) If you are using a pc, what is the make and model of your pc, and your monitor?

3) If you are using a laptop, what is the make and model of your laptop?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is a Dell PC. I am looking for the model number- there is a tag on top of the tower that says DYK198. I also have a service number
Expert:  Joe B replied 4 years ago.
What type of monitor are you using. If you can find the make and model of that, it would help a lot.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The monitor is a Dell SE198WFP FlatPanel Monitor. Just to let you know that as I am typing this message to you the letters and numbers are very hard to read.
Expert:  Joe B replied 4 years ago.
On your monitor there are five buttons going across it. Press the third button from the left a couple of time and see if the brightness goes does a bit and. If it does, press it a couple of more times. If this doesn't work, then we will move on to the next thing. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Joe
(Please click Accept if you agree with my answer)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Joe,that did not work
Expert:  Joe B replied 4 years ago.
Push the menu button on your monitor (second button from the left), then use the down button (third button from the left) until factory reset is highlighted, then pres the select button (second button from the left). Use the down button again until all settings are highlighted, then pushe the select button again. This will reset your monitor to its factory settings. Please let me know if this doesn't work. We will keep trying.

Thanks,

Joe
(Please click Accept it you agree with my answer)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Did as you said-didn't work. The black letters and numbers are not as bad as the colored ones that you can hardly see.
Expert:  Joe B replied 4 years ago.
If you can find me the model of your computer, it would help me out a lot. Please let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Model numberI believe is PP19L
Expert:  Joe B replied 4 years ago.
The model number you provided is a laptop model. Are you plugging your laptop into an external monitor?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I can't find my paperwork on the computer. There are many numbers on the tower such as a service code or product key. Would any of those helpyou.The number I gave you was for my daughter's laptop.
Expert:  Joe B replied 4 years ago.
I need the model from your computer. If you can't tell me that, can you tell me what operating system you are using?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Windows Vista-Doesthathelp you?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Foundthe model numberitis DCSM. Also the internet stops working so I lost you-another problem. Have to go out fora while Will be back
Expert:  Joe B replied 4 years ago.
Now, we are going to try and adjust the brightness from the control panel on your computer. To do this, do the following:

1) Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Power Options.

2) Click Adjust Display Brightness.

3) Change the display brightness of the computer to whatever looks best to you, and then click Save changes.

If you do not get the option to change your brightness, please let me know.

Thanks,

Joe