Jerry Hannell
Jerry Hannell, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Experience in Windows environment. ASP, Visual Basic, Ajax

I downloaded and installed Network Magic on my main computer.

I downloaded and installed Network Magic on my main computer. My laptop does not have an internet connection. I want to add my laptop to Network Magic. I copied the folder from the main computer to a CD and installed the files on my laptop which does not yet have an internet connection. The CD files I copied is missing nmsrvc.exe. Where do I find that file?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jerry Hannell replied 7 years ago.

hello sir

unfortunately you cannot transfer it in that way, because it may contain additional system files that are not under the same folder.

please click on this link

when you click on the link above, it will push the nmsetup.exe to your computer. please save it on your DESKTOP. it is a 32 MB file, so you need to wait for the download to complete.

when you got the nmsetup.exe file on your computer, this is the exact file you need to transfer to your other computer. just put this file into your CD (burn) and go to other computer and transfer this file to that computer.

in your other computer, when you double click on this nmsetup.exe, you will be able to install network magic on that computer.

if you have trouble during the process, please let me know, i will be here.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Do I need to delete the files I've already copied to the other computer before running the exe file?

hello sir,

no, you dont need to delete them. just transfer the nmsetup.exe file, and run it.

(if there are files to be overwritten, nmsetup will do the required process, don't worry. as i said, just transfer the file, and run it. )