Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  25 Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt

I am getting The procedure entry point sqlite3_prepare_v2 could

Customer Question

I am getting The procedure entry point sqlite3_prepare_v2 could not be located in the dynamic libary SQLite3.dll
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 7 years ago.
Are you getting this when you start a particular application?

SQLite is often installed with another application and it is possible that two programs use it, and one overwrote the newer SQLite3.dll.

Try the steps below in order.
1. Go to add/remove programs from the control panel
2. Look for SQLite. If it is there, right click on it and select change or repair. This should step you through repairing that component. You may even have to uninstall it and then reinstall the apps that use it.
3. If you know what application you installed prior to this happening, find it in the same place and uninstall it. You may still be able to install it, but we would have to make sure that it doesn't overwrite the SQLite3.dll.
4. If you're not sure, send the list of installed applications to me so I can research them to find out which of them use SQLite. You can get this list by going to the following site clicking on List Installed Programs, and downloading and running that script.