Freddy M.
Freddy M., Support Specialist
Experience:  Years of experience in the IT field and in customer support.

I have an HP w2216h monitor and the color keeps fading out.

Customer Question

I have an HP w2216h monitor and the color keeps fading out. Sometimes if I reboot the true colors come back. What should I do? It is very annoying
Category: Computer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 7 years ago.
do you mean the light in it is getting dimmer?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Actually the tinting goes a yellow green versus vivid colors. I have tried adjusting the color and contrast but that does not work. It is sporadic.Yesterday the colors were fine today the tinting is the yellow green.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 7 years ago.
Ok that can be caused by the data cable if it is loose it will cause the problem with the display it will do this if one of the pins is broken as well the other reason for this can be that the monitors inverter is failing and needs to be replaced.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
That did not work. The computer is pretty new so the pins should be fine. Also I reconnected the cable and that did not make a difference. As to the monitor invertor is is less than a year old. Any other ideas?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 7 years ago.
If the cable is fine then it is either the inverter or the computer causing the problem. It being new does not mean much other then you should have a warranty from the manufacturer which would make them replace the inverter for you. To test whether it is a problem with the computer or the monitor please try another monitor. If you get the same problem you have a graphics card problem on the computer which should also be covered under the warranty.