Ryan H., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ Certified Technician - 10 Years experience working with all types of computer systems.
20388524

How do I know if the Adobe Acrobat Reader is installed in my

How do I know if the Adobe Acrobat Reader is installed in my computer? I am also having problems with Adobe Flash Player/Java.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Ryan H. replied 7 years ago.

Which internet browser are you using?
What is the error messages you are recieving?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am "Computer Challenged." I'm not sure what a browser is or does...really sorry. I think I may have Opera but can't swear to it. The error messages I am receiving are something like "This web page cannot connect with your computer, or "you need to install adobe flash player to see this picture/video."
Expert:  Ryan H. replied 7 years ago.
Hey, no problem at all. :) Ok, lets do this first.

I would like you to click on THIS link and it will bring you to another page. A popup should appear asking you to download a file, then once it is done downloading, open the file and install adobe flash player. Then once that is done, close your internet browser (Internet explorer, Firefox, Opera etc) And open them back up. Then the problem will be fixed.

Please Click Accept unless you have another question.

Thanks!

Ryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Ryan Hi,

How do I know if the Adobe Flash Player has been successfully installed? Do I still need to worry about Java?

Expert:  Ryan H. replied 7 years ago.
Once you run the program that you downloaded, it should tell you that it successfully installed or the installation was finished. You can also test by going to a site like Youtube.com and seeing if you can watch videos (That site uses Flash).

What is the error message you get with Java?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The Java message is usually part of the Adobe problem. Something like "Install Adobe Flash Player/Java."
Expert:  Ryan H. replied 7 years ago.
That installation should take care of both problems, if it doesn't feel free to come back to this page at a later time and let me know. But I think your problem should be solved.

Thanks!

Ryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Ryan

What do you need to know to fix the problem?

Expert:  Ryan H. replied 7 years ago.
Hi there, Sorry about the problem!

Please go to this page and select your operating system. (Windows XP) Then download this file and install it. Then restart the computer and go to Youtube.com and it should work just fine.

(You do NOT have to click Accept again)

Thanks and let me know if that doesn't work.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Ryan,

It did'nt work. The response was "We were unable to return you to Adobe.

Internet has stopped trying to restore this website. It appears that the website continues to hav a problem."

Expert:  Ryan H. replied 7 years ago.
I did notice the website was having trouble earlier, you can try these links:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Macromedia-Flash-Player-Download-24146.html

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ryan, The 2nd website worked! Thanks so much.
Expert:  Ryan H. replied 7 years ago.
Your very welcome, have a great day and enjoy! :)