mary
mary, Consultant
Experience:  MCA (Masters in Computer Application
18613681

The pop.west.cox.net account keeps popping up and to put in

The pop.west.cox.net account keeps popping up and to put in password XXXXX quit, but, it keeps popping up on quit or when I try to put in my password. I can't receive my email. Help!

Ramona Leer
Category: Computer
Expert:  mary replied 4 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

To get rid of the error message you need to remove the cox.net from the email you have configured as its not able to identify your password XXXXX is the reason its popping up.

Follow the steps to remove it from outlook

• On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.
  • Select View or change existing e-mail accounts, and then click Next.
  • Click the Cox.net e-mail account you want to remove, and then click Remove.
  • Click Finish.
  •  

To reinstall it back follow these steps:

• Select Add a new e-mail account, and then click Next.
  • Select POP3, and then click Next.
  • Under User Information, do the following:
    1. In the Your Name box, type your full name the way you want it to appear to other people.
    2. In the E-mail Address box, type your e-mail user name followed by @cox.net.
  • Under Server Information, do the following:
    • In the Incoming mail server (POP3) box and the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, type the server names that apply to your geographic location.
      East Central West
      StateCT, FL, GA, LA, NC, OH, RI, VAAR, ID, KS, MI, NE, OK, TX, UTAZ, CA, NV
      POP3 server pop.east.cox.netpop.central.cox.netpop.west.cox.net
      SMTP server smtp.east.cox.netsmtp.central.cox.netsmtp.west.cox.net
  • Under Logon Information, do the following:
    1. In the User Name box, type your user name provided by Cox.net.
    2. In the Password box, type your password.
    3. Select the Remember password check box.

Note You have the option to have Outlook remember your password XXXXX typing it in the Password box and selecting the Remember password check box. Having Outlook remember your password XXXXX that you won't have to type your password XXXXX time you access the account; however, it also means that the account is vulnerable to anyone who has access to your computer. Use strong passwords that combine upper- and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols. Weak passwords don't mix these elements. Strong password: Y6dh!et5. Weak password: House27. Use a strong password XXXXX you can remember so that you don't have to write it down.

• To verify that your account is working, click Test Account Settings. If there is missing or incorrect information, such as your password, you will be prompted to supply or correct it. Make sure your computer is connected to the Internet.
  • Click More Settings.
  • On the General tab, under Mail Account, type Cox.net.
  • Click OK, and then click Next.
  • Click Finish.
  •  

mary, Consultant
    Experience: MCA (Masters in Computer Application