Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Logitech cordless headset F-0339A connection problems

Customer Question

I having trouble connecting my logitech cordless headset for PC & Mobile phones (F-0339A) to the Logitech Call Central. The leds on the Logitech usb stick and Logitech headset are both blinking blue but the usb icon on the CallCentral is crossed out. When I click on this icon, it remains crossed out and doesn't make the connection between the usb stick and Logitech headset, no sound or anything. In the settings I set up the microphone, voice output, and ringer output to cordless headset and music and media output to realteck hd audio output. I'm using this headset mostly for Skype use. Does this headset only work for laptops? Do I need any additional drivers or software? The information of my computer is as follows: - onboard Realtek HD audio - N9NU Neo Motherboard with 4 usb 2.0 ports and 2 front 2.0 usb ports - Logic CallCenter version - Avast Virus checker - 3 Gigs of DDR2 ram - 80 Gig hard drive - 2.6 Gig HZ processor AMD64 X2 5000+ Black edition
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of the experts who will be assisting you..

You have avast virus software...

What i would like you to do is to first disable the software and then try again to run the headset with skype..

Also a few qustions, have you went inside skyp yet and tried to test the headset?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hello Dustin,

Thanks for your advice, the disabling of Avast Antivirus actually worked. On to your question regarding Skype, I have tested the headset with skype but there are still a couple more issues.

- The audio settings (Micophone, Speaker, and Ringing) in the Skype's options is set to Cordless Headset

-The audio settings (Microphone, Voice, and Ringer output) in the CallCentral options is set to Cordless Headset and the Music and Media is set to the Realtek Audio.

The problems that I'm having are:

1) When I use the skype testing call service, the audio settings icon on CallCentral has to be pressed showing the microphone setting window to hear anything from Skype. Is this a programming error on Logitech's part?

2) The microphone volume is very low, adjust recording volume setting is greyed out on Logitech CallCentral settings.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Expert:  Dustin replied 7 years ago.
Hello again bruer, Im glad that disabling the vast was able to allow you to use it at all with skype..

Just remember when your done "skyping" to turn the antivirus back on..

No onto your skype issues..

Logitech Cordless Headset for PC and Mobile Phones - headset - Over-the-ear, Monaural - Black
Is the above the set you are using to skype on?

I couldnt locate your model number by putting it in..

Here is a link to the logitech page showing other cordless headsets..,en

If you could help me find your exact headset i can help you fix it..
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

That is the correct headset, sorry the model number is XXXXX to be F-0399A. I will accept your answer and give you positive feedback upon your reply.

Thanks again,

Expert:  Dustin replied 7 years ago.
Hello again and sorry for the delay..

A little more info please,, do you have xp service pack one two or three..

you can find out by pressing the windows key on your keyboard and pressing the pause break key on your keyboard at the same time.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

No problem about the delay. To answer your question:

I have windows xp professional 32bit, 5.1.2600 service pack 3 Build 2600.

Have all of the most recent updates.

I have attached some other information that might help you answer as well:

System Information1

This shouldn't be so difficult to set this headset up. I will give you positive feedback and accept your answer on your service once this problem has been solved.

Thanks again,

Expert:  Dustin replied 7 years ago.
Ok there are a few possible solutions, lets start here..

On the Tools menu in Windows Explorer, click Folder Options.

Click the View tab.

Under Hidden files and folders, click Show hidden files and folders.

Note To access Windows Explorer, click Start, point to All Programs, and then click Windows Explorer.

Now that that is done, start a search on the computer, by clicking start, and search..

type this in or copy and paste..

if you find that file change it to System32/inf/wdma_usb.inf

Now, try to adjust the microphone volume in call central.. will it let you increase it now?

If not, lets try right clicking on the volume icon near the clock on the lower right hand side of your taskbar..

Rightclick, choose recording devices, find the logitech headset listed, click on it, click properties, click levels, and see if it will let you turn the volume level up to 100, and you may even want to increase the microphone boost level..

Is the mike now louder when using skype?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I think I might get a refund on this headset since it doesn't work really well. Recently what I have done is:

Uninstalled the Avast Antivirus and installed AVG antivirus and re-installed the Logitech CallCenter Program, the usb reciever and headset doesn't communicate.

Then I uninstalled AVG antivirus, and re-installed the Logitech CallCenter Program, the usb reciever and headset still doesn't communicate.

Does this headset setup work with any antivirus program?

I checked out the hidden wdma_usb file as mentioned in your last email and this is where I found the file. Couldn't find the .bak file.

With the Callcenter program - Should I use version 1.5 (on cd with the headset) or version 1.6 (the latest version on the logitech website. Thank again.

Expert:  Dustin replied 7 years ago.

from the page you showed me it looks like you usb file is already labeled as a inf..

As far as call center goes.. it isnt supported anymore at any level, and that statement is on the logitech website..)

I would think that the newest version would be more likelyto be compatible.. ( thouh sometimes that isnt always the case)

I do have one last trick to reccomened..

Create a completely new user profile in xp.. then log out, and log onto the new profile, install the call center, and skype, and nothing else, and see if they can work on the new profile without haviing other programs conflicting with them..

It sometimes works.. Although its not a perfect solution being youd have to switch users or log out an dlog in each time to use it..

Its worth a try though just to see if it would work, and that would let us know that there is a software conflict with something running on your main profile, and not just that the callcenter itself is buggy..