mary
mary, Consultant
Experience:  MCA (Masters in Computer Application

RE Acer eRecovery management, creating factory default discs

Customer Question

RE: Acer eRecovery management, creating factory default discs - Is there a way to only get the last 3 CDs of the Factory Default Back Up? I had to stop after Recovery9 CD and don't want to have to do it all over again if possible. Thank you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  mary replied 4 years ago.

• Burn Image to disc (create backup disc)

1.You can create 3-7 CD's or 1-2 DVD's like the ones that were sent with units prior to eRecovery.
    2.The burned CD's are equal in usage to the System CD and Recovery CD's

Acer eRecovery Facts

1.At the Acer splash screen, you can press Alt and F10 (at the same time you would press F2 to enter the BIOS) to bring up a DOS style version of eRecovery.

• The unit is able to reload Windows from this mode faster then from CD.

• The password XXXXX default is 000000 (6 zeros) and it is displayed when you are asked for the password
  • Users are able to change the password XXXXX this mode for eRecovery only.
  • The system can recover from the hidden image on the hard drive (PQService partition) or from CD/DVD media.

•It is possible to reload from the factory style CDs/DVD or the snapshots that the Windows version of eRecovery creates.

2.In Windows there is 3 ways to access the eRecovery feature.

• Press Alt and F10
  • Open Acer eManager and then double click eRecovery.

•When a system is new it should automatically open this application and prompt you to make the recovery media.

3.The Windows version of the eRecovery program is more robust then the Dos Version. Listed below are the different features of the Windows version:
Recovery Settings: Create backup files and Change Password

• Backup snapshot image (create a disc image of your system's current configuration)

1.The system is able to make a CD/DVD image of the current state of the notebooks software including customer installed programs.
2.This CD/DVD is usable in the Windows and DOS version of the program.
3.The disk should be bootable but isn't always.
4.When a snapshot is made the image resides on the D: partition and then may be burned to disks if eRecovery is told to.

2.The burned CD's are equal in usage to the System CD and Recovery CD's.

• Delete user snapshot backup image data (if available)

1.This is how you delete the snapshot images on the D: partition

• Password:(Change eRecovery Password)

1.Recovery actions: Recover your system using an existing backup file or Restore your system's factory default configuration.
2.Backup using one of the snapshots that has been made or by the factory image on the D: partition.

4.eRecovery Facts

• When the hard drive is replaced the system loses its eRecovery features. These features are on the hard drive and cannot be reinstalled.
  • When reinstalling from the made CD/DVD's you will lose the eRecovery program but the DOS version may still work, also if uninstalled you can't reinstall.
  • eRecovery uses Ghost (just like our Recovery CD's use) to create the snapshot images.
  • If the PQService partition is deleted using fdisk or any utility in Windows you may need to reinstall Windows.

•If the system is reloaded using the DOS version you will retain the eRecovery functionality.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you but I still do not know how to do the factory default back up for ONLY the last 3 discs. The message prior to doing this back up said that I would need 12 discs and I only stayed awake for 9 of them to get finished. I thought I could return to it in the morning to finish the last 3 discs but it didn't work out that way. Sooo I started the eRecovery Managment program again and it didn't recognize that it had already done 9 of the 12 discs - instead it wanted me to start all over and burn ALL of them again.
Expert:  mary replied 4 years ago.

Well... as far as my experience goes..the recovery process has to be done in continuation.

I ma running out of ideas about this problem and will opt out so that other experts can help you further on this.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok thanks anyway.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I thought it was understood that you did not answer my question and could not answer my question - you said so yourself. For that reason, I do not / can not accept your answer. Please so not keep resending this email.