Qin Xia
Qin Xia, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer hard ware, software, 6+ years

how do i reset my dell vostro laptop to factory settings

Customer Question

how do i reset my dell vostro laptop to factory settings?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Qin Xia replied 7 years ago.

I may help you. Before resetting to factory default setting, make sure you have already backup your personal files and photos that you want to keep since it will wipe off your drive.

If there is nothing in the current system that you want to keep, here is the recovery procedure. You can either choose from CD or from Recovery console already built in your computer. I prefer you try second option first.

Recovery From CD:

Insert your installation disc into the driver and reboot your PC,Upon reboot the pc will ask if you want to load from the disc,hit enter and the system should start to load from the disk

You can then select to Repair or Install the Operating system,follow the instructions on screen

From Recovery Partition:

Switch your PC off and reboot

Tap F8 until your boot screen is infront of you and select "Repair Your Computer" You should now have your "System Recovery Console" on screen

Select "Windows Complete PC Restore" and follow the instructions,

This will now restore your factory default setting.