e-solution, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  B.Tech. (CSE), having 3 yrs experience in solving computer related problem.

toshiba service station has stopped working

what error you are getting or it just off and are you able to again turn on or not?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Getting a pop up window that "toshiba service station has stoppen working".
It sounds like two key possibilities to me.
Corrupted system files or faulty memory, just try booting from your windows installation disk and running a windows repair. (Hopefully Toshiba included an actual windows disk and not just a system restore
disk) If that doesn't resolve the issue, try running memtest to verify the integrity of your RAM. If the windows repair doesn't resolve it and memtest says your memory is fine then somehow your system file may got corrupt so just complete reinstall the vista and it will resolve your problem.

Hope it will help you.
all the best
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
There was no windows disk included with my Toshiba L305 and I didn't understand memtest when I went to that site. I restored windows premium home to a date prior to my purchase but got the same message "Toshiba service station has stopped working"
if you have vista restore CD then juat restore it and your problem will resolve and if not then you can borrow it from any of your friend and restore it.or you can ask from your buyer who has installed vista in your system.