Qin Xia
Qin Xia, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer hard ware, software, 6+ years
23665630

I have a netbook computer using windows ce and am trying to

Customer Question

I have a netbook computer using windows ce and am trying to use internet explorer. Connection is showing good but IE sais cant display.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Qin Xia replied 5 years ago.

I may help on this.

Could you please try to ping a web site just to make sure that internet is wroking?

Click start -> click run -> type cmd and RETURN

It will bring you to dos prompt

Type ping www.yahoo.com and RETURN

Let me know what result you get

let
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
bad ip address (null)
Expert:  Qin Xia replied 5 years ago.
That means that the internet has not been set up

what connection method do you have? LAN or wireless?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

wireless-at the bottom right of computer screen when I click on the computer icon it sais I am connected and have excelent signal strength but cant figure out how to set up internet explorer to use the connection

Expert:  Qin Xia replied 5 years ago.
Ping comment showed that the computer cannot connect with other IP

1. check your router, if other computer work fine in your home, then this is ok
2. You already set up the eireless connection, check whether it is encryptrd network, is password XXXXX correctly?

If above are all ok. Then let me know this netbook model, I need to check its method to setup internet.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
how do you check if it is encrypted network
Expert:  Qin Xia replied 5 years ago.
I knew you have wifi wireless card with your netbook. You mentioned that you are connected. Do you connect with your home wireless network (you have router, wireless access point in your house) or connect to public wifi hot spot?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
wireless in home and I am using the same connection right now on dif. computer
Expert:  Qin Xia replied 5 years ago.
When you click the availiable wireless networks in you netbook, it pop up a list
There is icon of "closed Lock" before the name of each name, that means encrypted

In my home, the password XXXXX XXXXX the bottom of my wireless router, it is 10 digit number.

Can you try yo find it in your wireless route?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is not encrypted and i know the password. It sais the pppoe access concentrator is not responding
Expert:  Qin Xia replied 5 years ago.
That is strange. Can you let me know the brand and model of the netbook?
Expert:  Qin Xia replied 5 years ago.
I am out of helps. Opt out. Some other experts will be involved.