Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance
15197395

i have a toshiba satellite L300. I had problems with battery

Customer Question

i have a toshiba satellite L300. I had problems with battery not charging. got a new battery all was well charging o.K. last week it shut down again whilst i was using it, my freind has the same laptop so he came round with it and i took the battery out of mine and placed it in his it started to charge.We left it for about an hour , I put the battery back in my lap top it started up. Great its working pluged in my charger batery light shows charging but then after a shot time it stops.removed the power cord pluged it back in the same happened. it was getting late so we put my friend battery back in his laptop he tried to power it up nothing will not power up.swiched batterys back still will not start up.that two laptop down.I have noticed since that his power light comes on even with no battery in mine will not.Please help
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 4 years ago.
The problem you are facing is due to short mother baord or charging circuite of your laptop what is happened is that due to the shortage then new battery is damaged and when you put that battery in your friend's laptop the charging circuite may also get damaged you can try a hrd reset on your friend's laptop if that didnot help then I am very sorry to say that you may have to repair both the laptops.

Hard Reset

1 Disconnect the battery and the charger
2 Let it sit for 1-2 minutes.
3 Press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds.
4 Conncet the charger (don't connect the battery yet) and try to start by pressing the power button.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi
This i have already tried. nothing happens.
How do i fix the problem and were on the board do i check for a short circuit???????.
Ihave 19.4v coming in from the a.c adapterup to the m/ board. what I can not understand is why it has worked fine up untill now. the idea is to fix the problem my self.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 4 years ago.
Sorry I cannot guide you to fix the problem online anyway I am opting out so that other expert can help you with better ideas.You will be notified by email as soon as anyone joins you.

Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have got my friends laptop working. It was the on/off button. will have to get a new one
will still need help for mine. still not charging battery.when you put in the A,C power lead the battery disply says charging and the indicator flashes up on the disply as if charging but only going up and down around two or three times then stopping disply still says power plug connected and charging???????? what is it Help please