Molinari
Molinari, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified IT Guru since C-64 and Amiga, expert at grey areas....
16561526

1. Into which category or categories of e-commerce do P2P file-sharing

Customer Question

1. Into which category or categories of e-commerce do P2P file-sharing networks fall?

2. What social issues are raised by P2P file-sharing protocols and programs such as BitTorrent? Is the record industry justified in attempting to shut them down? Why or why not?

3. Will the Supreme Court’s decision inhibit the development of P2P technology or the Internet itself, as proponents of P2P services have claimed?

4. Why do people older than 21 tend to use legitimate downloading sites whereas younger people tend to use illegal sites?

5. What difference would it make if the existing music labels disappeared for lack of revenue? What legitimate function do the music labels perform in the creation and distribution of original music?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 4 years ago.
Are you looking for an opinion on these issues?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I dont see any anwers for my questions!!
Marketing
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ur advice didnt solve anything. You seem to be some automated message thingy!
Expert:  Molinari replied 4 years ago.
1. C2B These are Consumer to Business models where the business advertises, and the Consumer then clickcs on the advertisement to get to the business.

2. The largest social issue is the boundary of ownership of non tangilble goods. How can stealing a copy be theft. The record industry has just cause trying to limit P2P, as their market is being erroded by the use of P2P, in part because of the social issues, and confusion of acceptable and non acceptable behavior, namely digital theft.

3. History has shown when there is a limit, ingenuity will prevail. It is very doubtful a 200 year old insitution could curtail the ingenuity of todays computer experts. I think it will lead to more creative and scalable solutions.

4. The social aspect, of older people going to the CD/Record store, is not present in todays youth. The need to pay for digitial services is confusing for todays generation. Older people have a better sense of value and paying for hard work.

5. It would leave the content limited to movies, video games and other types of data currently being distributed above and beyond music. Music labels have the marketing machinery to advertise, study and sometimes set the trends, that individual artists can not accomplish. It is the media horsepower that gives them the legitimate function to assist in producting and distribution.

Edited by Molinari on 9/30/2009 at 6:25 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Can you pls justify you answer. "1. C2B These are Consumer to Business models where the business advertises, and the Consumer then clickcs on the advertisement to get to the business."

I actually thought it was a c2c because the customers exhange files of games, music etc.

I have also seen various websites on the internet to back this up.
http://wiki.media-culture.org.au/index.php/E-commerce_-_Overview_-_E-Commerce_Major_Categories .

Pls advice.

Thanks
Expert:  Molinari replied 4 years ago.

Because the consumers don't exchange money (commerce) like they do on ebay for example, the money is generated by user ads to pay for the servers and website....

The downloads are free, so the only money generated comes from ads, or the use of download credits in some instances.

Edited by Molinari on 10/1/2009 at 12:30 PM EST