Travis B.
Travis B., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  7+ years of experience in troubleshooting computer problems. A+ Computer Maintenance and Repair
16569391

I have the iomnega model, (MDHDU-p/n 31720100 R)and I lost

Customer Question

I have the iomnega model, (MDHDU-p/n 31720100 R)and I lost the disk to install it on my new laptop. How can I get a replacement disk or get information to install this hard drive on my new laptop? Thank you very much,   Debra Huston
Category: Computer
Expert:  Travis B. replied 7 years ago.
Hey Debra,

So you lost the CD for your External Hard Drive, correct? if so you can download the drivers for your Hard Drive from the manfacturer's website.

Alot of times you don't need the drivers that come with the Drive. You should be able to plug the drive into the computer via USB port and then plug the power cord in for the Hard Drive. You should get a box that pops up asking what you want to do..if you don't get this go to Start---->My Computer----> Here you should see your Hard Drive(removeable disk).

Let me know,

Travis B.