Anthony, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Fixing computers for over 13 years. Linux server administrator for 8 years. Homegrown knowledge.

my computer wont let me install webex from a remote site

Customer Question

my computer won't let me install webex from a remote site
Category: Computer
Expert:  Anthony replied 7 years ago.

There are some questions that I would need to help you further troubleshoot this issue:

- What error messages are you receiving when you try to install webex?
- How are you trying to install webex? Via a link from webex or a file?
- Can you clarify what you mean by "remote site"?
- What operating system are you using?
- What internet browser are you using?

Thank you!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am sorry - I don't remember the exact message, but it was something like "if you trust this progam, click here." And I would click, and nothing happened. It has been when I am on a call with Homestead, and they are explaining how SEO works. They send a link. I am using Windows XP, and Google Chrome.
Expert:  Anthony replied 7 years ago.
Ok, let's try and run the test installer for webex and see if you have any issues with it starting the test session.

1. Close out all of your browser windows and restart Firefox.
2. Go to this link,
3. Type in anything for the name and anything for the email box([email protected]) and press Join
4. It may prompt you with a Java "trust" window again, in which you select "Run"
5. It will take a little bit to install and give you a progress bar. If it is already properly installed, then the test webex session will start right up.

If Firefox doesn't work, try out these steps with Chrome as well. Webex does support both browsers.

Running this test install will give you the proper setup so that the next time you are on the call with Homestead the webex link they send you will work properly.

If this doesn't work, then let me know if you are not getting any prompts after you click the Join button.

Let me know how it goes, and if it's a success, then please accept this answer. Thank you!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I got into the site with no problem - and the screen that appears is the same one. I am assuming that I will be able to get to my meeting by typing in the meeting code, yes?
Expert:  Anthony replied 7 years ago.
Correct. If this installed and you were able to get into the test session, the homestead webex link will be no different.

If you have the meeting code, you can login via here:

Thank you!