Todd G
Todd G, IT Manager/ Computer Professional
Experience:  15 + years experience in computer hardware/software and networking and web development.
22450854

I have a new Systemax PC with two PS2 ports. I installed a

Customer Question

I have a new Systemax PC with two PS2 ports. I installed a new video card (ATI Radeon 4550) and now the ports are disabled.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Todd G replied 5 years ago.
Can you tell me the model number of your computer?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

SYX-G31M3-LV2

Pentium Dual Core CPU E5200 2.50 Ghz 2.52 Ghz

4 Gigabyte RAM

Vista Home Premium 64 bit

Expert:  Todd G replied 5 years ago.
You need to enable the ps-2 ports in the BIOS. Click on 'F1' or 'Del' when you first turn on the computer. Look through the BIOS to enable the ps-2 ports.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I will try it,

Also, I have noticed that IE is not the default browser and cannot seem to make it so

Also, on shutdown I have to shut down a error message that indicate a problem with an exception at a stated address.

FYI in case it is related to the issue noted here, I am willing to pay more if we can fix all three issues.

I am going to close and try the bios fix.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I tried it (del) and it took me to the menu where I went into advanced bios. I looked around and could not find anything about ps2 or serial ports.

I will try it again.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Tried it again and found

com port 1 (3F8/IRQ4)

com port 2 (2F8/IRQ3)

I ran some registry cleaners cccleaner, eusing, and another - I do not get the error message and have to close the program manually (exception at address...).

I have note that my NAS drives do not automatically map and I have to "open" them to get the drives to show in computer.

Again willing to pay more to fix all these issues.

It is late (11:45) here and I am pretty tired. Will take this up again tomorrow.

thanks -bg (Bill Gramley)

thanks -bg

Expert:  Todd G replied 5 years ago.
The ps2 ports that you spoke of that are not working, how are you using a mouse or keyboard, USB? If so, what would you be using the ps-2 ports for?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I want to use an old AT keyboard that uses a ps2 connection.

I called Systemax and they resolved the issue for me.

Thanks

-bg

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How do I request the refund?
Expert:  Todd G replied 5 years ago.
Because you never clicked on 'Accept' the $14 was never charged.

Hope that we can help in the future. I'm glad you were able to get it resolved.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Actually the $14 dollars was charged to my PayPal account on Sept. 8.

Would you kindly provide a refund as I never "Accepted."

thanks

-bg