Bachi, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MCA

SolutionCenter.msi tries to install when I turn on my Vista

SolutionCenter.msi tries to install when I turn on my Vista Windows service pack 2 and then says I am missing the file. What is this? How can I get the file to fix it? Also, I get Host Process for Windows closed message for the last 2 weeks also. How can I fix this second problem. Thanks, 4Buff
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bachi replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Tell me the exact message?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It says " Please wait while SolutionCenter .msi installs" . There is a period before the "msi"part. Then it says it can't find the Installation file" . from 2 puffy.
Expert:  Bachi replied 7 years ago.
Which solutin center do you have, dell ,hp or anything else?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have a Dell created Inspiron 1525 computer that is one year old. I have an hp printer but that has nothing to do with the computer just that it is connected to the computer slave-like. This computer is a Intel Celeron, and its' operating system is Windows Vista and I was asked to upgrade to a service pack 2 by whatever asks for these things from Microsoft land. I hope this helps you. I am being very annoyed by this problem and the other one I mentioned in my original 2 part question "Host Process for Windows Closed". I don't know if these two things are interrelated. From 2 Puffy.
Expert:  Bachi replied 7 years ago.

I understand that you are getting a message when the computer boots up saying 'SolutionCenter' the feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available. And it looks for a CD. These types of errors happen because installation of a software application has not completed or a software application is attempting to repair itself because a file is missing or a registry entry was removed.

To resolved the issue, we need to clean-up the SolutionCenter.msi entry using the Windows CleanUp utility. This will prevent the message which looks for the CD everytime when is started.

To download the Windows CleanUp utility, please use the below link:

Open the webpage, and then scroll the webpage, click on "Download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility package now". Or you may click on the FTP Link as under: URL REMOVED

A Window with 'Run' and 'Save' button will pop.

1.Click on Save button

2.Select Desktop in the "Save In' drop down list in the Save As screen and click on the 'Save' button and go ahead to download the driver to your computer's Desktop.

3.After the file is saved to the desktop, go to the computer's desktop and double click on the downloaded file named msicuu2.exe and select RUN.

4.Follow the instructions on the installer screens to complete the installation.

After the installation is completed, follow the below steps to open Windows CleanUp utility:

1.Click Start 'All Programs' (or 'Programs')

3.Click Windows Installer Clean Up Utility. A dialog box will be displayed that contains a message, a list of installed products, and four buttons.

4.Select 'SolutionCenter' in the list and click on 'Remove' button to uninstall the entry.

5. Restart the computer to enable the steps.

I am sure that the issue will be resolved.

11-30-2008 02:52 PM