Sandeep Pamarati
Sandeep Pamarati, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Bachelors in Electronics and Proficient in troubleshooting Computer-related problems

My contact list has disappeared from my yahoo.com e-mail.

Customer Question

My contact list has disappeared from my yahoo.com e-mail. Everything else is there except my contact list. Can you help?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sandeep Pamarati replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to just Answer and thanks for your query.

At the top of your Contact List in your Yahoo Mail click the View button and use the drop down menu to choose View All Contacts. The other choices are View Connections, View Unfiled, and View Deleted Contacts.

To get the Contact list to show in the first place click the Contacts category at the left of your Yahoo Mail.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I did exactly what you instructed, but it did not work. When I clicked on the view button there was no View All Contact or any of the other choices you listed. My Contact List is still not there!
Rodan,

Are you using the new Yahoo version or the classic version of the yahoo...?
Please confim which one are you using... so that i can continue investigating this.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I guess it is the classic version of Yahoo. How can I tell? I told you I'm not the smartest cookie in the jar when it comes to computers.
Please see the below Attachement then try to do.

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
When I click Contacts it still brings up a blank screen. It does not say View like yours show.
It is the problem with Yahoo's Classic mail.

Please switch over to the All New Yahoo mail and check if you can see your contacts. If you see a link saying Try the New Yahoo Mail at the top right-hand side of the yahoo mail page, then you are using Classic version.

Click on that link and your mail account will now move to New Yahoo mail.
graphic

Hope this helps the case at hand.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I did switch to the all new mail and then went to my contacts. Still not there. This morning I stopped by a computer store and the guy said I may have a virus behind my contacts for it to all of a sudden disappeared like it did. If this doesn't work I may have to take it to him.
Dont you have a antivirus software installed on your system...?
If you have, please update it and run a complete system after logging into your system in safe mode (by pressing F8 key while your system reboots).

Even the computer store guy would have to use an antivirus software (one or the other brand) to clean the virus. So, why not we try it out first on our own and if the problem persists, we can take external help.