Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My acer aspire one notebook will not turn on. I have the power

My acer aspire one notebook will not turn on. I have the power cord connected to the computer. Therefore, I do not think it is a bad battery. Any suggestions of what to try short of returning it to the seller. Until today, it has always turned on. Thank you for your assistance. MY email [email protected]
Hi !! Please answer all these questions 1 to 3 point by point.

1. When you press the power button to turn it on, do you see any thing on screen, like the Acer boot up screen or something like that. Or is it completely blank (black color) always.

2. Can you see a faint image of your desktop (try to see it in dark place with flash light). This is important to confirm.

3. Also, when you press power button, do you see the LED lights on laptop blinking or solid green (which ones are in blinking/solid) and do hear any sound ? Or do you feel that your laptop doesnt even try to boot.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

1. It is always completely blank (black color).

2. Nothing, the screen remains black.

3. None of the led lights come on or blink and I hear no sound. I feel the the laptop does not try to boot.
Hi, Thank you for the information.

Please do the following carefully:
1. Shutdown and Unplug your laptop.
2. Remove the battery from the laptop.
3. Wait 2-3 minutes
4. Now press ON (power button on laptop) for 1 minute
5. Then release the finger and wait one more minute.
6. Now plug in the power cable (dont insert battery yet) and press ON button.
7. Did your screen start working now ? (do you see windows loading)

Let me know how it goes. Do you see any change in LEDs on/blinking.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please ask me any question you have before leaving a Negative Feedback. I will help you solve all your problems.

Positive Feedback and BONUS is always appreciated.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The notebook still does not turn on. Everything stays black. Should I try those steps again of is there something else to try?
Hello !!

Do you mean that NONE of the leds turn on at all even when power source is connected ?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, none of the leds turn on at all. Even whe the power source is connected.
Hi !!

Now, first make sure that the power adapter / cord is fine and is giving right output voltage. If the adapter is broken it will not charge up the laptop and so you can see this behavior.

What we just did is, we drained all charge from your motherboard. But it still didnt work.

Now you can check 2 things :
1. Try re-inserting the RAM (memory modules) - do this first.
2. Bios battery. It is a button type battery located inside your laptop. Replace it with new one.

If this doesnt work, than your motherboard or ram (and maybe display too) is damaged. You need to get it repaired or replaced. I would suggest you to take quotes from few places because sometimes replacement is cheaper than repair.

If they suggest you to replace it. Then you can buy it Online and replace it on your own. Search for a repair manual online.

If its under warranty, contact Acer customer support for free repair.

In anycase do not spend more than $150 in getting it repaired because it will be a better investment to buy new laptop as computer prices are at all time low.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Where are the RAM (memory modules) and where is the bios battery?
Hello !!

RAM module can be accessed by opening a plastic cover (lid) from bottom of the laptop. Battery is located on the motherboard and you will have to open up the laptop for that.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I open all three plastic covers and could not tell which on covered the RAM memory modules.The plastic covers are three different sizes and two shapes. Two are square shaped and the other is rectangular. Which one should contain the RAM memory modules? The larger square one, the smaller square of the rectangular one?
Hello !!

I dont have a diagram for your specific model. But, the RAM module will look somewhat like this :
graphic