Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance

computer is locked and it is not letting me type anything into

Customer Question

computer is locked and it is not letting me type anything into the username password XXXXX
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What operating system are you using?

-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Windows XP Home Edition
Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 years ago.
When it is asking for password XXXXX soon as you power on or after loading the OS i.e Xp??
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have tried clicking ok and tried entering password. Tried turning off and on...
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It is asking for username password XXXXX now. It is not letting me type anything in. Computer is locked so when I power down it is going into hybernate mode and not fully shutting down....
Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 years ago.
Do you get this window like the image below.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No I was getting a gray box that said your comuter is in locked mode or something. There were two boxed to fill in for the username and password. It was unresponive when I tried to type things in... Now I am getting no prompt....
Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 years ago.
Please let me know the exact make and model no. of your pc?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Uh, I don't know what just happened but I lost the prompt and then I turned it off and it seems to be rebooting...

It look like I am ok now....
Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 years ago.
Thats great it seem the problem is happened due to some file corruption and rebooting had resolved the problem.