Ask Amit - The Real Computer Expert Your ...

Amit - The Real Computer Expert
Amit - The Real Computer Expert, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MCA. M.Phil. in computer science with tons of experience of computers.

Quicken does not recognize my bank (SunTrust) when I try to

Quicken does not recognize my bank (SunTrust) when I try to download bank statement into my Quicken. Always has in the past. Plse call me at XXX-XXX-XXXX
Category: Computer
Expert:  Amit - The Real Computer Expert replied 4 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

In order to get your bank recognized by Quicken, your bank should be in QuicXXXXX XXXXXst.

If your bank is not in the list, you won't be able to use Quicken for the purpose.

Please visit to check your bank's listing in Quicken:

https://quickenonline.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/quickenonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=7003

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Quicken has always accepted SunTrust Bank, thats not the problem, the problem is why all at once I get a message from Quicken while I'm trying to download that they being quicken do not recogn

HiCustomer

What is the exact error message you are getting?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I start the down load and a Quicken promote message comes into view-
"Quicken Online Service"-its about checking stocks etc -I cancel and then it goes back to the download and the message reads:
"Quicken is currently unable to verify the financial institution information to the download. please try again"
I hit OK
Next message pops up and reads; Quicken was not able to complete your request [OL-221-A]

This message occurs for one of the following reasons:

1. The system date is incorrect.
  2. The release of Quicken is not supported by the financial institution.
  3. The financial institution information is incorrect or missing.

To resolve this issue:

1. Verify that the system date is correct:
    1. Click the Microsoft® Windows® Start button and select Settings > Control Panel.
    2. Double-click the Date and Time icon, and verify that the date is correct. If the date is incorrect, change it and click Apply.
    3. Click OK and try the Web connect download again.
  2. Verify that you are on the most current Quicken release: select the Help menu and select About Quicken. The About Quicken window displays the product name and release number.
  3. Upgrade to the latest version if necessary.
  4. If the issue persists, deactivate and then reactivate the Web connect account for online access.
Experience: MCA. M.Phil. in computer science with tons of experience of computers.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Will get back to you later after trying deactivating and then reactivate.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I think I ractivated, not sure, but anyway back on line.