Nathan, Computer Repairer
Experience:  Over 8 years computer experience, 4 years repair, building, and maintenance experience

How do I stop Dell DataSafe from loading

Customer Question

How do I stop Dell DataSafe from loading?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
what version of windows are you using?
You want to stop it from loading when the machine starts up correct?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am running vista and yes, I would like the program to stop loading/running whatever it takes to stop it....

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
click start
In the search box type msconfig
Then press enter
Click the startup tab at the top
Click on the disable all button
Then click on apply and then ok
Then restart the computer
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am sorry but this does not really solve the problem. There are some applications I do want to automatically run at startup. Perhaps I was not clear. I am looking for a way to stop just the Dell DataSafe application....
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
OK I apologize usually people have a lot they don't need or want opening if that is the case on the start up tab look for dell datasafe then uncheck it. Leave anything you do want to load checked. Then click apply and then on ok.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There is no box for the Dell DataSafe application. I can not find anything on the Dell web site that explains how to stop it...
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
Unfortunately I am unshure of this so I will have to opt out and open this to all experts
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your honesty....
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 years ago.
Hello.
I looked into the program a bit, and as far as I can tell it has only 2 real options. It's installed and running, requiring an auto start; or it is un-installed. From what i can see, it was done this way because of it being a backup program.
At the same time, it appears to have little to no impact on the system once it's loaded up. In addition, you should be able to disable automatic backups.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I found the answer. I unistalled the program. I went to the Control Panel, then to Program and Features and uninstalled it from there. There were three Dell DataSafe programs I had to unistall. My complaint is Dell should tell you about these program and how to unistall them. Thanks again...