Comp Master
Comp Master, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Computer programming and maintenance.

My iphone touch screen is not responding, i can not answer/make

My iphone touch screen is not responding, i can not answer/make calls or access the phone in any other way including power off. Any suggestions

Holding the Home button and the Sleep/Wake or On/Off button simultaneously until you see the Apple logo and then release is called a Reset.

Without a USB cable for your iPhone, you cannot not sync, install any iPhone updates when made available, or restore your iPhone with iTunes, which may resolve this problem.

You need to get a USB cable that is compatible with your iPhone. Do you also have an iPod with dock connector? If so, the USB cable for your iPod can be used. If not, do you know anyone else who has an iPod or iPhone you can borrow their USB cable from until you can purchase another USB cable for your iPhone?

If a Restore does not work, time to give AppleCare a call(NNN) NNN-NNNN or make an appointment at an Apple Store if there is one nearby - where you can purchase another USB cable for your iPhone.

Good Luck