Bachi, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MCA

I purchased a used Dell Inspiron 910 mini and it has a password

I purchased a used Dell Inspiron 910 mini and it has a password XXXXX upon boot. Some research has suggested that this could be a password XXXXX the hard drive (8gb STEC), rather than a bios password. I have sought help from Dell, but since I am not the original owner, and since this is a password XXXXX support is reluctant to help. I welcome any thoughts and suggestions.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bachi replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

So now your proble is to reset the admin password?
Which operating ssytem it is?
If you are able to see the operating system screens it will be an admin password XXXXX the operating system not bios. if the case is reverse then it will be a Bios password.

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I do not see the Windows Home OS screen, so it must be a Bios pw, or as someone suggested, a hard drive pw.
Expert:  Bachi replied 7 years ago.
Yes you are right , it must be bios password,

you can reset it, use any of these links to do the same.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I have the laptop partially apart, but haven't been able to access the cmos battery. These little minis require a lot more patience than the normal computer. Tongue out I will proceed with your suggestions at first light, and will report my progress. Thanks for the guidance and best wishes! R

Expert:  Bachi replied 7 years ago.
thank you