shibaranjan
shibaranjan, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  9 years of experience in computer applications
15802437

Resetting "Waste Ink" counter in Epson 10000

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  shibaranjan replied 5 years ago.
hi..
thanks for using just answer

here i am providing youa link which may help you but it is not your printer model but i am sure the procedure is similar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztBnq71jfCA

Ink: 6 Color Epson Photographic Dye Inks

you can use pigment inks in your 10000...
  1. Turn the Printer off.
  2. Press and hold the [Paper Source] + [Cut/Eject] + [Paper Feed] buttons while powering up the printer. Release the buttons when the VIEW COUNTERS MENU is displayed.
  3. Press the [Select Type] button until you see SERVICE CONGIF MENU in the display.
  4. Press the [Item] button until you see NPD= in the display.
  5. There are three values that can be set for the EDMODE value
    They are: 0 = Null (This is the mode that disables the chip recognition) X = EUROPE AND NORTH AMERICA N = ASIA AND REST OF THE WORLD Use the [Paper Feed +] or [Paper Feed -] buttons to make your selection.
    Press [Enter] when completed.
  6. Power the printer off.
  7. Power the printer back on.
This should disable the chip detection. However you now don't have ink level monitoring, so more care is needed in keeping an eye on ink supplies.

Normal inks for Epson 10000
Epson Black Photo Dye Ink Cartridge for Stylus Pro 10000 and 10600 Series Ink Vol: 500 ml T499011
Epson Yellow Photo Dye Ink Cartridge for Stylus Pro 10000 and 10600 Series Ink Vol: 500 ml T500011
Epson Magenta Photo Dye Ink Cartridge for Stylus Pro 10000 and 10600 Series Ink Vol: 500 ml T501011
Epson Cyan Photo Dye Ink Cartridge for Stylus Pro 10000 and 10600 Series Ink Vol: 500 ml T502011
Epson Light Magenta Photo Dye Ink Cartridge for Stylus Pro 10000 and 10600 Series Ink Vol: 500 ml T503011
Epson Light Cyan Photo Dye Ink Cartridge for Stylus Pro 10000 and 10600 Series Ink Vol: 500 ml T504011

hope this will help you
i am wating for your reply
thanks
If I answered your question and you are satisfied with the answer please click the green "ACCEPT" so that I am paid for my time.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I was not wanting to turn off" "Level Monitoring" i was wanting to RESET WASTE INK to allow printer to print again...

The Service Manual states : After replacing the WASTE INK UNIT it states to

1. INIT.WASTE.INK and

2. INIT.CLEANING....

Then the Service Req 0100 is removed and printer prints again..

hi...
thanks for the quick reply

have you correctly replace the waste ink

Running an Initial Fill Cycle:

The initial fill cycle is accessed in the “self diagnostic mode” menu. To get to the self diagnostic mode menu, turn off your printer, and turn it back on while holding down the following three buttons:

Paper Feed UP

Paper Feed DOWN

Cut/Eject

Navigate through the maintenance mode until you see “Cleaning: Init. Fill.” Press the Enter button to begin the Initial Fill Cycle.

Turn off the printer to exit the maintenance mode.

here i am providing you some links which will help you

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&url =http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.support.epson.com%2Fpdf%2Fpro10a%2Fpro10apg.pdf&ei=JI2NSqDSL4KIkQWIy-ysDA&rct=j&q=replacing+the+WASTE+INK+UNIT+Epson+10000&usg=AFQjCNFsJiwyWSH1gf05oAgLbCeTr51rmA

Replacing the Waste Ink System - Product Information - Epson 10000

Replacing the Waste Ink System - User Manual - Epson 10000

http://www.retrevo.com/r/257dj093/36/Replacing+Waste+Ink+System/

if you want to change the ink then follow this

Ink change steps:

1. Verify that the printer is working properly with Epson ink before you attempt this ink change procedure. Fix any printer- or print quality-related problems before proceeding.

2. Remove the Epson ink cartridges and install the set of flush cartridges. Turn the printer off.

3. Run an initial fill cycle (see below). Print a test image and/or nozzle check pattern to verify that the printer is now printing with a definite pink tint. You may see other colors in the output at this point. Turn the printer off overnight or preferably longer, to allow the PiezoFlush fluid to help dissolve any residual color ink.

4. Run a second initial fill cycle with the PiezoFlush fluid. Turn the printer off again, for at least overnight.

5. Repeat the previous step, for a total of three initial fill cycles with PiezoFlush.

7. Run three initial fill cycles, one after the other. It is not necessary to let the printer sit between cycles when putting ink in the printer, and you may run the three initial fill cycles in rapid succession. After the third initial fill cycle, turn the printer off and back on, to exit the maintenance menu.

8. Print and evaluate a nozzle check pattern. If it is good, proceed to linearize your printer, using Studioprint RIP. Your linearization target should not show any residual color.

hope this will help you
i am wating for your reply
thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

First link does not work. Second and third links - I have those manuals and they do not tell you how to RESET WASTE INK. The bottom Referece is from company who sells other inks and instructions are on how to FLUSH the old ink but NOT how to RESET Waste ink counter..

I am thinking that your first reference maybe in right direction... I can't get Counters to clear... Maybe there is something in there that requires you to make flag change and then the Counters can be cleared.. I have Maintence Manual on unit but using the + or - Keys DO NOT change or clear the counters.

The maintenance reset procedure for Epson Stylus Pro 4000.

1. Turn off the printer
  2. Hold down the three leftmost arrow buttons [left-arrow] [down-arrow] [up-arrow]
  3. Turn on the printer
  4. Release the buttons
  5. A new menu will appear
  6. Press the up/down arrows to get to the "Clear Counters" menu
  7. Press RIGHT
  8. Press the up/down arrows to get the "Maintenance Tank" menu
  9. Clear the counter.
  10. Turn off printer.
  11. When you restart the printer, the maintenance tank should indicate 'Empty'
hope this will help you
i am wating for your reply
thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

My printer is a Epson 10000 - not a 4000.

This does look simular to my Maintance Manual but in your reference I don't have Up, Down and Side Arrows on my keypad..

I can get to simular areas, see the counters but for some reason I can't change them..

hi...
thanks for the reply

Items needed before you begin:

· Set of PiezoFlush cartridges,

· Set of Piezography K6 ink cartridges,

· A 10000 archival ink printer, in good working order (if you have a dye ink printer, read the information in the above section).

Note about waste ink pads in your printer: The steps below require you to run several initial fill cycles, which will deposit a lot of fluid into your printer’s waste pad. Depending on how full the waste pads are when you begin, you may fill them up during this process. When the waste ink level counter reaches a “full” count, the printer will stop working until the pads can be replaced. This is generally a procedure performed by Epson-certified repair technicians. If your waste pads fill up during this process, you will need to address it before you can continue using your printer. The waste ink counter is a function of the printer design, and something that all Epson printer users may have to face at some point during their printer’s lifetime. Newer model printers (9600, 9800, for example), contain user-replaceable waste ink tanks (called maintenance tanks). The 10000 and other similar vintage large format printers use internal waste ink pads.

then you have to follow my previous answer

Ink change steps:

hope this will help you
i am wating for your reply
thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

the above does not answer or solve the question on Reset of counter for Waste Ink and to get rid of Code 100...

I just paid Epson Repair Tech just over $500.00 to come in and fix issue.. I had cleared two of the three codes .... I didn't know about the third code to clear and this would have cleared the Code 100.

You response is the same info in first thread from company who sell alternate inks and how to clear old ink and use new ink... Thanks but your response did not answer my question.