Ask Amit - The Real Computer Expert Your ...

Amit - The Real Computer Expert
Amit - The Real Computer Expert, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MCA. M.Phil. in computer science with tons of experience of computers.
14222834

Hi, Host Process for Windows Services stopped working and

Host Process for Windows Services stopped working and was closed

No solution find

Please help

Tony
Category: Computer
Expert:  Amit - The Real Computer Expert replied 5 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What is the actual error message you are getting?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
That info came from Microsoft

Host Pr.................. .........was closed

What I said is message I get

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am still waiting
HiCustomer
The svchost.exe file is a Windows program that is uses to run dll files. Invariably, the dll is from a third-party driver. A long time ago, when Vista first came out, this was a common problem. (The solution was that the third-party software and hardware manufacturers update their drivers to work with Vista. Clearly this hasn't been completed yet.)

Also, you might want to try and update your copy of Vista to XXXXX includes at least one update to reduce the problem. The hotfix was included on Microsoft's site, but never included in an update until SP1.

if the problem is happening regularly I would try "clean boot" testing.

Run msconfig and select the "Services" tab. Check "Hide Microsoft Services" and then disable the rest. Also uncheck "load startup group" on the general page.

See this link for detailed information:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 << for Vista, but applies equally to XP, and better written.

Now restart and test the issue at hand

If no problems, run msconfig and recheck half the disabled items on the Services tab. Test again. If the problem recurs, UNcheck half the items you just checked to narrow down the culprit.

If the problem didn't occur, check the other half, so all the Services are enabled -- proceed to do this on the startup tab as well.

Get the idea? You want to isolate the problem to a specific startup if possible.

Note: if you already have items unchecked under msconfig > startups and are in “selective” startup mode – you should note what these are before beginning. They will need to be de-selected again.

Unfortunately the host process (or svchost) is a generic shell for various
windows services (including third party installed services). By chance do
you have an HP printer installed? If so, that's a likely candidate. Some
of the HP services that the HP installer installs don't seem to play too
nicely with Vista just yet.

Once in a while, Windows Vista may pop up an error message that says “Host Process for Windows Services Has Stopped Working”, which normally has problem details point to svchost.exe application and fault module name of rasmans.dll_unloaded. The error also appears occasionally and intermittently , or start occurring suddenly, experienced by early testers..

The exact cause for the “Host Process for Windows Services Has Stopped Working” error to happen is unknown, however, there is a workaround fix to stop the error from ever appearing again.

To fix the Host Process for Windows Services Has Stopped Working error, follow these steps:
  1. Open up Task Scheduler.
  2. Expand and go to Task Scheduler Library -> Microsoft -> Windows -> RAC.
  3. Click on View menu, and then enable Show Hidden Tasks (so that a tick appear beside it).
  4. Right click on RACAgent (Windows Vista) or RACTask (Windows 7), and select Disable so that the status appears as Disabled.

The process referred to is svchost.exe

A number of other services run under it.

It's a bit tricky to troubleshoot. Open the Control Panel > Performance Information and Tools and select Advanced. Look at the reliability index and look for a pointer to eventlog errors that might be associated with it.

Also post a HijackThis scanlog so we can see what is normally running. On a truly clean install I would suspect an antivirus or firewall program that might have come with your install. Or, sometimes it is related to problems with the Windows update service.

Download and install HijackThis. Run it and select "do a system scan and save the log file". Then copy/paste the contents of the log to a reply

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download5554.html

Next, install Process Explorer for Vista >>

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx

Once installed, run it and hold your mouse over the various svchost.exe entries or double click them and look at their services.

Note any obvious non-Microsoft services.

Do this before and after the "crash" -- and see if you can tell which set bites the dust after the crash.

The errant service will be among those most likely.

You can also try this: Start > run cmd

Highlight and copy the below command and right click on the command window and select "paste"

cd %userprofile%\desktop tasklist /svc /fi "imagename eq svchost.exe" >> taskservlist.txt

Also visit:
http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/host-process-for-windows-services-stopped-working/

I was also having the same problem and also was having a problem with HP software. The host process message would happen after the PC went to sleep. The HP "solution center" software would loose the printer. I suspect that they are related. I did find a patch on the HP support site
Critical update to prevent unexpected printer uninstall 09-2007
link to the patch
Select software and drivers*

I have not had the Host process problem nor am I losing the printer config anymore. I can't prove they are related but it sure seems to be.
Do you have an HP all in one installed on the network . If so try the patch...

It must resolve the issue.
Experience: MCA. M.Phil. in computer science with tons of experience of computers.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Dear Amit,

many thanks for help to fix that problem,

it will take me from 2 hours up to 2 days try to apply your advice.

I will ACCEPT when your advice will help me!

Regards Tony
HiCustomer
Please take your time.

Waiting to hear positive from your side
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Dear Amit,

I have answered all your $$$$$

I said , I need more time

Please stop to email me

Regards Tony