Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

How do I delete my search history on Bing How do I delete

Customer Question

How do I delete my search history on Bing?
How do I delete Bing - even better!!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 years ago.
Here are some instructions on deleting bing..

First start up Internet Explorer, if your home page comes up as immediately then you need to change the default engine. If you are only getting directed to Bing after searching from your search bar then skip to the next part of this guide.

Bing Removal - Step 3

Bing Removal - Step 4

On the main menu, select Tools and then Internet Options.

Bing Removal - Step 5

In the highlighted box you will see that your home page has been set to, simply change that to your desired engine and hit OK. Now if you need to change the default engine for your search bar, click the drop down arrow next to the magnifying glass and you should see Google in that drop down list. If not, you will have to hit “Find more providers…” and select it from the page you are presented with.

Alternate Method:

Since a few people have been unsuccessful with the method above I wanted to provide antoher method that will work on any browser. Open up My Computer and go to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc and open the file hosts. It should ask what you want to use to open it, just select Notepad. Then add the bottom add:

Now save the file, and restart your web-browser if it is still running. Now when your browser tries to go to it will be directed to Google instead.

That’s all there is to it, you are now free of Bing!

Expert:  Dustin replied 7 years ago.
Please let me know if this helped you out, if it didnt there are a few other things we can try if need be!!