mary
mary, Consultant
Experience:  MCA (Masters in Computer Application

Outlook cannot turn off the reminder. You may be reminded

Customer Question

Outlook cannot turn off the reminder. You may be reminded again.
Category: Computer
Expert:  mary replied 4 years ago.

Please follow the step to fix the issue

Select Options from the Tools menu.

In Outlook 2000, click to remove the check mark from the "Default reminder" box.

In other Outlook versions, click the Reminders tab, then click in the box to the left of "Display the reminder" to remove the check mark.

Click OK.

Please Click the ACCEPT Button to reward my time, If unsatisfied, please post your question again instead of giving a NEGATIVE FEEDBACK will be highly appreciated.
Thanks and regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
That doesn't solve the problem, I want reminders, I just can't delete the ones with this error message, how do I solve this problem?
Expert:  mary replied 4 years ago.

The solution in Outlook 2007 is similar to the Outlook 2003 solution

Begin by selecting the Calendar folder and then select View > Current View > All Appointments to see a list of all of your past, present and future appointments.

The trick now is to sort through the list until you find the damaged calendar entry. The corrupt appointments should be pretty easy to spot, because they will have the same names as the appointments that you see each time you open Microsoft Outlook.

Delete the corrupt Microsoft Outlook appointment.
You will see a dialog box filled with a series of error messages telling you that the appointment cannot be deleted, recurrence information cannot be located, and that the sender may not receive updates to the appointment. In spite of these errors, the Microsoft Outlook appointment will be deleted anyway.
Please let me know if it worked for you

Referred to forum 2007 outlook

Regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, did not work, they are deleted from the "all appointments" window but still appear in the "recurring appointments" window and, when you right click on them no menu pops up, ie; you can't delete them. If you double-left-click it says: "Cannot open this item. Cannot locate recurrence information for this appointment."
Expert:  mary replied 4 years ago.

I will opt out as i am out of idea however other experts will have the opportunity here help you out.

Regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX to hear back.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Got a reminder from your system about this open call, here's the synopsis: repeat appointment in Outlook 2007, doesn't show up on daily/weekly calendar yet reminder keeps popping up, can't turn off, get an error message. Tried above suggestions, they did not solve issue, appts. don't show up in "all appointments" window.
I solved issue, here's what I did, hope you can use this:
Went to "Recurring Appointments" window, right clicked the erroring appointment, nothing happens (ie; no pop-up dialog), left clicked appointment, was able to drag and drop in trash can, which deleted appointment. Problem appears to be solved.
Please close this call.
Thanks,
Hal
Expert:  mary replied 4 years ago.

It was a nice work around and a good try will keep that concideration and thank you for using JA. you have a wonderful day a head.

Regards