Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance
15197395

I am unable to attach documents using my Yahoo classic email

Customer Question

I am unable to attach documents using my Yahoo classic email account. I was able to attach documents until yesterday. I run my own business and need this service all the time. What could be the problem?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 years ago.
What is the problem you are facing when you try to attach any documents?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
After I browse and select a document to attach, when I hit the "Attach Files" tab, the computer cycles and cycles, without ever attaching the document. Ultimately, I give up and log out. Have I possibly exceeded my Yahoo allocated memory?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 years ago.
Ok What do you use for accessing the emails like Internet Explorer or Firefox etc??
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
After I browse and select a document to attach, when I hit the "Attach Files" tab, the computer cycles without ever attaching the document. These are small documents, so size isn't the issue.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 years ago.
I am asking that what browser do you use to access the emails ?? like Internet Explorer or Firefox etc.........
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Internet Explorer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 years ago.
Please try to clear the Cache of IE and check the issue.

Clearing Your Browser's Cache

All those files stored in your cache take up space, so from time to time, you may want to clear out the files stored in your cache to free up some space on your computer. This is called clearing the cache.

To clear your cache:

1.

On the Internet Explorer 6 Tools menu, click Internet Options. The Internet Options box should open to the General tab.

2.

On the General tab, in the Temporary Internet Files section, click the Delete Files button. This will delete all the files that are currently stored in your cache.

The Delete Files button

The Delete Files button

3.

Click OK, and then click OK again.

TipTip: You can adjust your Internet Explorer 6 settings to automatically clear the cache whenever you close Internet Explorer 6. Go to the Tools menu, and click Internet Options. Click the Advanced tab. In the "Settings" box, scroll down to the section labeled "Security," and click to check the box next to the "Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed" option. Click OK to finish. This option does not delete cookies, but it will clear your cache of other files when you close your browser.

More Speed or More Room?

If you tend to go online a lot and have ample space on your computer, you might want to increase the size of your Temporary Internet Files folder. Why? Because Internet Explorer 6 will read already-viewed files from the cache first rather than take the time to download the same page from the Web, thus saving you time and money.

To change the size of your cache:

1.

On the Tools menu, click Internet Options. The Internet Options box should open to the General tab.

2.

On the General tab, in the Temporary Internet Files section, click the Settings button. This will open the Settings box.

The Settings button

The Settings button

3.

In the Settings box, under Amount of disk space to use, you can slide the bar to the right to increase the amount of disk space used by your Temporary Internet Files folder.

Adjusting the amount of disk space used by the Temporary Internet Files folder

4.

Click OK, and then click OK again.

Source:MS Support